Vive Business Streaming 1.09.8 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.09.8 – Beta Release notes

Released October 18th, 2022

Console - 1.09.8

• Improved connection status of VIVE Focus 3 facial tracker.
  • Fixed bug causing incorrect VIVE Wrist Tracker status when streaming section is disconnected.
  • Fixed bug console UI bugfixes.

Client - 1.0.12.13 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Supports eye expression (Required Focus 3 SW 5.X.999.638 or later, you can Join Focus 3 Beta Program to preview this new feature.)

Hi @Knase,

Thanks for asking. Basically this post is mainly for PCVR content developer who used OpenXR PC or SRanipal SDK, so they can stream PC content via VBS on Focus 3.

We plan to roll out official Vive WAVE SDK next week to support eye expression, and also an OpenXR Mobile plugin.
You're welcome to get a pre-release version through our server, and I'll PM you to support creating the access to have a trial and feedback.

In the latest beta versions, the problem with freezing when launching the application has been fixed - this is a big win for VBS. Another annoying problem remained - the freezing of steam vr and the entire Windows system after the end of the session on hmd. This happens when I end vbs on hmd but don't close steam vr - it causes long system freezes. If I first close steam vr and VBS (if not closed, then VBS starts steam vr again), then there will be no freezes. Has anyone else come across this. Is it possible to implement the closing of steam vr immediately when closing vbs on hmd.

On 10/22/2022 at 5:30 PM, niil said:

In the latest beta versions, the problem with freezing when launching the application has been fixed - this is a big win for VBS. Another annoying problem remained - the freezing of steam vr and the entire Windows system after the end of the session on hmd. This happens when I end vbs on hmd but don't close steam vr - it causes long system freezes. If I first close steam vr and VBS (if not closed, then VBS starts steam vr again), then there will be no freezes. Has anyone else come across this. Is it possible to implement the closing of steam vr immediately when closing vbs on hmd.

Thanks for your feedback @niil I have the same issue here and still yesterday during an important demo, thanks in advance VIVE for looking at it.

I think for now, it would be sufficient to make the option to close steam vr when closing vbs application on hmd
It would also be great to add the ability to autostart the application in minimized to tray

Edited by niil

On 10/18/2022 at 12:07 AM, C.T. said:

Supports eye expression (Required Focus 3 SW 5.X.999.638 or later, you can Join Focus 3 Beta Program to preview this new feature.)

Eye expressions don't seem to be supported by SRanipal, despite being on the beta Focus3 software and installing 1.0.12.13 client version in the headset. Is eye expression support only through openxr?