glasses arm too thin and tight , it's painful

dynameis tw

while you use glasses mode for about 20~30min it start to make back head painful and develop deep indentation , because the contact area is too small

I have to use 3D print and silicon sheet to mod it

hope we can have official solution for this, don't tell me to use battery pack I'll just buy Q pro if I HAVE to use battery pack 

is my head too big or you guys never test it long enough?

9a2c9b30d9ab2603543563e9f84e12b9.JPG

10000% a huge issue for me as well and I have a very normal sized noggin. Would you be so kind as to share this .STL? Printables has 0 prints for the XRE and this would be an excellent option to have available. Really nice job!

I can

XR Elite Arm Mod by Chen Hsin Yu | Download free STL model | Printables.com

but this is fast draw and depends on your head and how many you installed it may got some sharp edge close to your ears I recommand 3 for each side ,  if use 4 you need sand it a bit

and on the side that has cable clip , you need install from bigger side and may scratch your glasses arm. use with caution

• Thanks 3

We recommand to use it with battery cradle if you are expereincing uncomfortableness. Although it addes some weights to the system, but the battery cradle counter balanced the weight. 
Also, we've also included a top strap in the box, putting it up will help.

There are two problems using the headset in glasses mode.

1. Pinches my nose and partially closes my nasal passages.  I have not tried the top strap because I never saw it in the box until you mentioned it.  This problem is somewhat minor and after a few minutes I got used to it.

2. Pinching the side of the skull.  This is a major issue the head strap cannot fix.  The first day I used the headset for several hours and  it pinched my skull so bad it is still sensitive and sore two days later.  Since the first day I am unable to use glasses mode any more due to the sensitivity of that area.  Since then I have been using the battery cradle and it works great as far as comfort but it really defeats the purpose of the main reason of me purchasing the unit which was for the portability of the glasses mode.  I would strongly recommend getting this addressed before someone injures themselves.

5 hours ago, Satcruiser said:

1. Pinches my nose and partially closes my nasal passages.  I have not tried the top strap because I never saw it in the box until you mentioned it.  This problem is somewhat minor and after a few minutes I got used to it.

2. Pinching the side of the skull.  This is a major issue the head strap cannot fix.  The first day I used the headset for several hours and  it pinched my skull so bad it is still sensitive and sore two days later.  Since the first day I am unable to use glasses mode any more due to the sensitivity of that area.  Since then I have been using the battery cradle and it works great as far as comfort but it really defeats the purpose of the main reason of me purchasing the unit which was for the portability of the glasses mode.  I would strongly recommend getting this addressed before someone injures themselves.

Let me request something from you in DM for #2. 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:58 AM, Satcruiser said:

the 2 happened on me as well , it feel like the arm choked blood vessel on my head, I literally stop using XRE before I made the mod

On 3/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, C.T. said:

We recommand to use it with battery cradle if you are expereincing uncomfortableness. Although it addes some weights to the system, but the battery cradle counter balanced the weight. 
Also, we've also included a top strap in the box, putting it up will help.

Just noticed that part of the accessories for the XR Elite are a set of 3 Temple Pads.  This is an excellent idea and it made me realize that you should probably consider making them in 3 different sizes from wide to narrow to accommodate a variety of head sizes. 

• Like 1