VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.296 – Release Notes

C.T.
Message added by C.T.,

If you are experience endless loading when switching to PC Library when streaming hub is connected, please option your VIVE Streaming Hub into Beta release. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

//update, we noticed that only steam titles can be fixed at the moment, we will address titles from Viveport platform soon. 

VIVE XR Elite Software (FOTA 3.0) 1.0.999.296
Released April 21, 2023

What’s new

• Mixed reality (MR)
    • Improved controller alignment and hand alignment during MR setup.
    • [BETA for developers] Experience how to use the depth sensor to scan a room, generate meshes, and auto detect desks during MR setup.
      Join the beta program.
  • PC VR apps
    • Added a toggle to the top-right corner of the Library so you can quickly switch between apps on the headset and PC VR apps that are installed on your PC. 
    • You can now set the Library to display your PC VR apps by default. 
      Go to Settings > Connectivity > Computer connection to find the setting.

Improved user experience

• Tracking updates
    • General improvements to headset tracking and hand tracking.
    • Improved hand gesture recognition in low-light environments.  
  • Phone mirroring
  • Home environment
    • Background sounds in the Home environment are now automatically muted after opening a 2D app.
    • The voice tutorial during boundary setup now only plays when setting up the headset for the first time or after a factory reset.

Enhancements and fixes

• Fixed an issue where the headset would hang at the loading screen after being woken from sleep.
  • Fixed an issue where the in-VR app purchase overlay would appear randomly.
  • Improved the reliability of phone mirroring and headset screen casting connections.

VIVE Browser 1.1.14

For details on feature updates, visit VIVEPORT and search for “VIVE Browser”.

28 minutes ago, Wilson So said:

This system update has erased and reset all the data in my headset, and I need to go through the initialization process with Vive Manager all over again. Is this really necessary?

Exiting Beta will erase user data this is currently unavoidable. But if you are just performing software update to this version, it shuoldn't erase personal data on the system. 

5 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Exiting Beta will erase user data this is currently unavoidable. But if you are just performing software update to this version, it shuoldn't erase personal data on the system. 

Thanks for clarifying this matter. I suggest putting a BIG heads-up message about erasing user data when a user joins or exits Beta.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:30 PM, Hextaku said:

I've just checked the linked list of compatible phones and have seen that the "Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro" is not listed. 
I can confirm that it works perfectly fine, on mine at least.

did u get DRM content to work or just phone mirroring?