Running ViveHandTracking SDK on Unity with XR Elite

yijing

Hi guys,

I used XR Elite to implement my master's thesis. However, I encountered some issues during the hand tracking phase.

The version i used are as follows.

Unity version: 2021.3.22f1
Vive Hand Tracking SDK: 1.0.0
VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows: 1.0.9
64bit Unity Editor
Visual C++ 2015 redistribute Update 3 (64-bit)
When I used the hand tracking example provided by the VIVE OpenXR Plugin, it runs successfully.

However, when I try to use the sample scenes (Sample or UISample) from the Vive Hand Tracking SDK located in the Assets/ViveHandTracking/Sample folder, I encounter the error "DllNotFoundException: aristo_interface assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
ViveHandTracking.ViveHandTrackingEngine+<Setup>d__3.MoveNext () (at Assets/ViveHandTracking/Scripts/Engine/ViveHandTrackingEngine.cs:93)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <ba783288ca164d3099898a8819fcec1c>:0)"

So I tried the step mentioned in the VIVE Forum below. Installed the OpenVR package and check OpenVR loader.

https://forum.htc.com/topic/9816-ver-0100-dllnotfoundexception-aristo_interface/

image.thumb.png.be22a900ac10f7e7222a93724836e2e5.png

However, the DllNotFoundException issue still persists.

And when I reopen the Unity project, two new errors appear, but they don't affect the functionality of Unity. The errors:

Asset Packages/com.valvesoftware.unity.openvr/package.json has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.
Asset Packages/com.valvesoftware.unity.openvr/README.md has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.
Can someone please tell me how to solve this issue? I would greatly appreciate your help.

@zzy

Hi @yijing,

Vive Hand Tracking SDK was legacy one to support our earlier PCVR products.

From Vive Focus 3 and XR Elite, you can either choose Wave SDK for AIO development or OpenXR plugin (both PC and AIO with below tutorials introduction)
Wave SDK Hand Feature:
https://hub.vive.com/storage/docs/en-us/UnityXR/UnityXRHand.html

OpenXR:

Let us know if you can manage to run on your project from either SDK support.

Thanks.