Unreal WaveVR 5.4.0 package error "MeshCardRepresentation"

ismaViveVR

Hello fellow developpers,

Wave plugin have just updated for Unreal Engine 5.2 but even if I try to package an Android APK on the TemplateVR project it throws me an error that I can't quite understand (see image below).

The packaging error seems to be related to: "Epic Games/UE_5.2/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Public/MeshCardRepresentation.h(172,3): error: unknown type name 'CardRepresentationDataId'; did you mean 'FCardRepresentationDataId'?"

It only happens if I enable the plugin.

(I also tried to do the package with another project with the same project settings as the sample project that comes with the plugin and it still happens)

If someone from Vive or some developper can help me I very much appreciate it ❤️

https://imgur.com/2hF11IS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same, 

Please some forum admin that has connection with the plugin developers can help report the bug?

-> Wave VR 5.3.2 works well when packaging APK.

->Wave VR 5.4.0 has that failure when packaging APK. (the sample project provided by the plugin does not have an error, but when you use the plugin with another project, even on the most basic unreal vr template, there is the error, it is easy to reproduce)

• 3 weeks later...

@Alex_HTC Appreciate the response, however the ViveOpenXR plugin is not the one where there is the problem:

-The issue exists on the Wave VR plugin version 5.4.0 , not the OpenXR one.

By the way, it looks like the plugin updated recently, we should check if the new version has the android apk packaging fixed: "Wave SDK 5.5.0 was released on November 29, 2023."