Vive Software Not Installing

Creatrix

Hi  ,

Could you guys try and search "Vive Feedback"  > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

I will get the engineering team to investigate your logs to provide further assistance.  

Thank you for your support.  

Cory.C

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, As Creatix asked, I'm not entirely sure where you want me to post my log files.

Interestingly I discovered that if I kill the 'Updater.exe' from the task manager, then the download starts, but stops after 6Mb or so with a request to sign in to HTC. This process then fails.

I have again tried to turn off all AV and firewalls, but without any change in outcome.

Please can you send a link to the appropriate positing area?

Sorry if I am being a bit slow...

OK.... I seemed to have installed it, and it appears to be working.

I rebooted my machine is Safe Mode with Networking, and although the font siz was huge, and barely able to see the icon, the software did download and install. So I guess success??

But still no idea what was causing the issue. 

It might be worth a try doing the same Creatix

Hi  

For the search, I meant search on windows: Viveport Feedback  

Steps: Launch Viveport Feedback > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

If you have trouble finding "Viveport Feedback" please PM me your email, so I could send the tool to retrieve logs from you.  

Thank you for supporting Viveport

Cory.C

• 3 months later...

Archived