Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

I'm just following up – my Wireless card arrived today, I installed it in my PCIEX16_3 slot on my Asus STRIX X470-F mobo. I just played Pavlov VR for about an hour and had no major issues. I am getting an occasional grey screen.. happened maybe 3 times while I was playing, lasted for only a second or two. 

The adapter itself ran pretty warm – definitely not HOT, but so far no problems. I've got a 1700x, 1080ti, and 32GB of RAM.

I'll keep reporting back here on my progress/status as I use it more.

UPDATE: Played another couple hours, and after adjusting my antenna I get zero grey screen issues. Also, no crashes thus far. Player several different games too.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so tonight I was playing and I started getting some grey screen again, then shortly after I received a BOD and my whole system crashed. However, the only thing I did different tonight was I put the side of my computer case back on. I left it off the previous night because I had just put the card in – I left it off incase I needed to shuffle PCI slots.

So, I took the side of the case back off and played again – no more issues. So, I think in my situation the crash and BOD was due to internal overheating. I might need some more case fans.

I'd buy immediately for my vive PRO if Vive would report a solution. This way, with a Ryzen 1920x and 1080ti, I will have to wait until beeing assured that it works.

Add to that that the additional PRO attachment kit is currently not available makes it looks like they don't want my money??

I didn't see BSOD or system freeze on my PC, so far.

All drivers are update to date, and no overclock, BIOS are default settings.

Hope the clue can help you guys.

PC Spec:

Ryzen R5 1600X

ASRock X370 Taichi

Win10

16G Ram

AMD RX580 (PCIE2)

Wireless Adapter(PCIE4)

VIVE Pro

Oh yeah no, I would have gone away already were it not for my AB350 motherboard not supporting both NVMe and 2 gpus.

So for the longest time my 1070 has been in a box and I've been staring at 2 black monitors out of my 5 as a trade-off to be able to use my **bleep** wireless

Archived