Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

So myself and several people on the r/Vive subreddit with Ryzen series cpus are encountering a Blue Screen of Death and total lockups of our computers when attempting to use the vive wireless adapter. This issue eneds to be fixed and is persisting accross several types of Ryzen CPUs and mobos.

It also only seems to occur when steamvr is active. before that nothing will happen the vive Wireless app pairs to the ehadset just fine but when steam vr is used itll BSOD in about 2-10 minutes.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're assessing your report and the few others you mentioned on/Vive - Our teams are aware of your situation and we'll be sure to keep in communication as we work to understand the issue. 

If you are reading this thread and are currently experience a similar behavior, you can post here to receive a ping when we have additional updates. If possible, please share your CPU/Mobo model #'s and any "stop codes" that may be displayed if a BSOD occurs.  

We're assessing your report and the few others you mentioned on/Vive - We're aware of your situation and we'll be sure to keep in communication as we work to understand the behavior you're seeing. 

If you are reading this thread and are currently experiencing a similar behavior, you can post here to receive a ping when we have additional updates. If possible, please share your CPU/Mobo model #'s and any "stop codes" that may be displayed if a BSOD occurs.  

I'm having the same issue. The wireless adaptor connects and holds connection but after 30 seconds or so in stream VR I get the BSOD with the watchdog violation. I've updated all hardware drivers, including stream vr Bluetooth, and bios. Running ryzen 6 1600 on msi x370 gaming pro carbon mb, dual gtx 970, crucial 500gb ssd.

We are experiencing the same issues with Ryzen CPU. But most of the time only when we are trying to activate the Camera for SRWorks experience. I'm happy for a quick update, because we need to showcase our app on a fair this week...