Vive Wireless "Unknown Error" "Not ready (10000.15)"

Mr. Bomb

Same issue here. In the middle of playing VR (latest issue was about 35 minutes into a game of Overload), the headset display suddenly dies. SteamVR says Searching... and Vive Wireless shows "Not Ready (10000.9)".  After closing Vive Wireless and restarting, it IMMEDIATELY goes to Not Ready (10000.15). By immediately, I mean it does not show Preparing, Searching, or anything else before displaying the Not Ready message. In addition to this, it displays a second box with the message "Unknown error: VIVE Wireless app unknown error occurred. Please check all connections and restart your PC."

Restarting PC is the only thing that fixes it, but it's frustrating as I may lose lots of progress due to the wireless connection suddenly dying for no apparent reason.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine is also failing to complete a restart after this issue occurs . . . have to hard power down and then power back up.  Very not cool.  After trying to reinstall I got the dreaded displaylink fails to install error also . . . requiring a whole other rabbit hole.  Just about ready to unplug the whole mess and wait for Index.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rolled back to 1809 and I can confirm my Wireless there works and connects without issue. In 1903 it will take me a few restarts to clear the 10001.9 error. Now I have no issue connects instantly and works on first try every boot.

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue. For many many months now. It started I think 8 months ago? I remember that all the issues started after the first (or second?) official firmware update.

The Vive Wireless software now suddenly shows "Not Ready (10000.9)".  After closing the Vive Wireless software and restarting the Software it shows "Not Ready 10000.15". I have to restart my PC up to 3 times for the Vive to work again (and after the first restart I'm always(!) greeted by a blue-screen). 

It seems I am not the only one having this issues...

I really like the adapter, but I'm also extremely disappointed that after all this time there still has been no kind of patch.

Is there any way to go back to the old firmware? The pre-AMD-fix firmware?