Vive Pro HDCP Error

hotsaucing

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, I tried replacing the DP cable but the issue remained. And I noticed that this didn't happen if I switch to extend mode.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I had to use a miniDP to miniDP cable, there's only miniDP port on the laptop.

MiniDP to MiniDP is totally fine. 

It stops happening if you switch to Extended Mode? That's interesting. Direct Mode only is what's recommended but Extended Mode was left in for testing purposes. Is there another PC you can test it on? I want to rule out the device if at all possible.

Thank you,
-Jack S

Thanks for your support, I found a temperary workaround for this, I rolled back my NVidia driver to 417.71 (from 430.86) and everything works great now. Seems that the driver somehow conflicts with the specific hardware, for reference my laptop is MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RE.

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me last night and I can't get the vive going again. It was working fine, has a brand new 3 in 1 cable and it just went with "error 208" in steamvr. Tried all the usual fixes, the usb and hdmi are bypassing the link box and go directly to the ports on the pc. GTX1080ti. 430.86 driver has been on this for the last 3 weeks no problem.  Tried on a different pc and same fault. Steamvr 1.5.16

system report https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YJBwPktw1ki3ZhkD2uD2a7sD8hdVsst1/view?usp=sharing

the suggestion of going to Nvidia driver 417.71 worked for me as well, thanks !

Although this solution works for the time being hopefully the underlying issue will be resolved so more up to date drivers can be used. If I can provide any information that might help with that feel free to let me know.