Sitting Experience (Subpar)

Cappy1

I may be missing something here, but the sitting experience is still horrendous without being able to adjust and recenter the view of the Cosmos on the fly. (Oculus Go, Rift, Index)  This would significantly improve the product. It seems monitor replacement or using the headset as a monitor was never even considered. No body, and I mean no body wants to have to go through the entire room setup to fix their view by a couple of inches. There is fine tuning that has to take place and you have to redo the entire setup and guess if it's right.

Edited by Cappy1
  • Like 1

Hi @Cappy1,

Thanks for sharing this! I completely understand. You're not alone as I've received multiple request on this in other threads. This has been reported to our team and they are in the process of reviewing it. I'll update you here when I hear the latest.

Steve

@stvnxu And please can I re-iterate that the mesh still appears if you have transparency turned all the way down and have configured playing boundaries. 0 transparency should mean invisible. That way you can have room boundaries and then just turn it down if you want to play sitting.

@C.T.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 3:50 AM, Dickytwo said:

@stvnxu And please can I re-iterate that the mesh still appears if you have transparency turned all the way down and have configured playing boundaries. 0 transparency should mean invisible. That way you can have room boundaries and then just turn it down if you want to play sitting.

I have found a fix that may solve the problem of setting boundary to invisible. Hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

https://forum.vive.com/topic/6989-temporarily-disabling-chaperone-or-collision-boundary/