Focus not acceptnig the file path on adb video play request

HonYa_fd

did not run the Focus ROM on emulator (will try)

i am trying to start the video on Focus

what is the reason, when i sent over command line
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/WORLD.mp4

i get response:
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=file: typ=video/mp4 }

what should i do differently....the file is there

yes it the same response...which is weird, becaue it starts the player, but it does not load the file (nor it says, that the file does not exits)...

the problem is, why in the response is empty path to the file

the proper response should look like this:
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/WORLD.mp4 typ=video/mp4 }

Figured it out....

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW  -t video/mp4 -d  content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/document/primary%3AMovies%2Fxxxxx.mp4

takes couple of seconds after the app is started to start the video (my video has 4 and 8gb).... @chengnay
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

hi, I'm trying to do same think but unsuccess

when I run :

C:\Users\rafae\Downloads\platform-tools>adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW  -t text/plain -d content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/document/primary%3AMovies%2F11.txt
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=content: typ=text/plain }

the output is:

spacer.pngScreenshot_20201122_152236.png.bc3f14c60e39b1443fd51bfb8349a3de.png

But if I open file by file manager all good and path is same.

Screenshot_20201122_152318.png.e5312e1937985580fd36ba97bbe36d74.pngScreenshot_20201122_152306.png.0fcb8467bd8b01da2e2e7561b178dfa6.png

Edited by ralfdestroyer

6 hours ago, chengnay said:

@ralfdestroyer I tried with "adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t text/plain -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/11.txt" and it works.

good its works.

but now I'm trying to to run a video like mentioned at this topic, but unsuccess too - in fact Viveport Video activity launched but stuck in main page and not load or play the video.

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/2020.mp4

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d content:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/2020.mp4