VIVE Cosmos 1.0.10.7 – Beta Release Notes 

Released February 26th, 2020

[Tracking]  

• HMD 
    • Reduced HMD movement Jitter
  • Controller 
    • Overall performance improvement on controller tracking in VR

[Runtime]  

• Adjusted color correction for content running through compatibility libraries (such as Revive) Forum Issue Link
  • Fixed a memory leak bug that build up over time
Edited by C.T.
correction on the release date, thanks Tom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was so exited to see that, after a month, there was finally another tracking update. Unfortunately, I feel this update has slightly worse tracking than the last one. The controller drift is more prevalent, and occluded controllers make strange movements again.

• Thanks 1

To me this seems perfect. Last release was usable but tracking was sometimes unreliable, with controllers something not updating the position for a second, some other times just disappearing for a short second, other times just seems they was proceeding in some hard medium, difficult to move.

Now all work perfectly smooth, reactive and accurate. Need to say I'm not a gamer, so working with controllers always in front of me no too fast movements in a well lit office. But anyway much better than previous beta release on my side.

Edited by davide445
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've just tried the update and I'm glad that when I crouch down the floor doesn't move anymore or stay at a odd height for a while. Much better now thanks.

The controller occlusion in the front is a bit better with only minor lose of tracking in certain positions though that seemed to be better for a while in my case but it still loses tracking temporarily at the side of the head when the controller gets close to the camera. I don't get that as this HMD has cameras's at the sides specifically for that purpose which others don't e.g. Samsung's HMD which only has two in the front and that doesn't lose tracking at the side of the head at all, so what is the issue here, do these side camera's not resolve images at close range or has it to do with data integration? This is not a complaint BTW I'm just curious as to the nature of the technical issue since I have a interest in the tech.

Otherwise good update keep them coming 🙂

Fink.

• Like 2

bonjour, je commence enfin a jouer avec mon cosmos avec cette mise a jour beta! il reste encore du chemin à faire pour être parfait mais ça va  🙂 

est ce que quelque  un  a une  idée pour la date de sortie de la plaque de suivi pour le cosmos?

Edited by manudu78

2 hours ago, manudu78 said:

bonjour, je commence enfin a jouer avec mon cosmos avec cette mise a jour beta! il reste encore du chemin à faire pour être parfait mais ça va  🙂 

est ce que quelque  un  a une  idée pour la date de sortie de la plaque de suivi pour le cosmos?

HTC n'a pas encore publié, sachez seulement que c'est le deuxième trimestre de 2020. Le prix est de 220 USD.

• Thanks 1

I feel that this is much more stable than the last beta. I don't find it much better than the public release, but it does seem to handle grabbing from the back much better (arrows or long swords, for example). I only had one or two times so far where the occlusion was an issue, but so far, so good! 

2 hours ago, OuiMurphOui said:

HTC n'a pas encore publié, sachez seulement que c'est le deuxième trimestre de 2020. Le prix est de 220 USD.

cetais le premier trimestre normalement pour le prix et la disponibilité ! jespere un geste commercial de HTC  pour les premier acheteur du cosmos !  

🥵 bonjour a tous voila encore une mise a jour la 1.0.10.7 qui change rien 

Pour les jeux de tir le fusil a deux mains toujours aussi mauvais 

Pour le home du cosmos franchement nul toujours rien une voiture téléguidé heureusement il y a steam vr pour inviter des amies 

Est maintenant il sorte un nouveau cosmos Elite  et autre accessoire encore de l argent 

moi si j ai acheter le cosmos c est pour jouer tranquille est non pas toujours attendre des mise a jour qui change rien 

franchement je c est plus quoi pense du  htc vive cosmos