Lighthouse 2.0 with Cosmos

Tom17

5 hours ago, Tom17 said:

I learned that Vive Cosmos Elite supports only 1.0 lighthouses. Is it planned to support 2.0 lighthouses?

Thanks

Thomas

• The Cosmos External Tracking face-plate supports both 1.0 and 2.0 tracking.
  • The Elite bundle ships with V1.0 controllers and basestations. The specific controllers in this bundle are not 2.0 compatible.

@Beta_Tester: Thanks alot for the info!!

BTW: Do you know when HTC will start selling the faceplate for Cosmos? I have already my Cosmos and I would like to replace the faceplate to be compatible with Steam lighthouse 2.0.

Thanks

Thomas

@Tom17

• Cosmos Elite bundle pre-orders are currently targeting mid-late March.
  • I'm not on a hardware team - I'd have to ask for confirmation for them as to what the public message is right now. The original plan was to make our announcements at Mobile World Congress - now with MWC and GDC canceled everything is super weird and I'd need to defer to someone closer to the HW team. @C.T. @stvnxu
    • "Soon"

I have a Cosmos and a Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers (unfortunately Index controllers are not yet available in Australia) so I may consider purchasing the $200 SteamVR faceplate. One question I have is if I change over to the new faceplate will it still work with the current Cosmos VR system (eg. Origin/lense) or does it need to only use SteamVR like my Vive Pro? Also, would I be able to use the Vive Pro Link Box or would I still need to use the Cosmos Link Box an if so would I be able to use the Cosmos Link Box with my Vive Pro in order to make switching between headsets easier?  Thanks.

Hey @TomCgcmfc, thanks for following up on this.

1. The SteamVR plate currently won't support the Vive Lens. It'll be using SteamVR menu similar to the Vive Pro. 
  2. You can use either link box! The requirement is making sure you have the appropriate power adapter connected; this is to make sure there's enough power since Cosmos and Pro have different power delivery requirements.  

• Thanks 1

@stvnxu Thanks for the response mate. 

Too bad that the new SteamVR plate (= Elite) does not support the newer Vive Cosmos Lens/origin VR system since this is one of the most attractive features that I currently prefer with my Cosmos over my Vive Pro.  Actually, the Vive Elite product description show the lens/origin pics on the Vive website.  So, maybe this need to be corrected.

So it would be fine to use the Cosmos Link Box/power adapter with my Vive Pro?  Thanks.

@TomCgcmfc - Yeah it'll be fine to use the Cosmos Link Box / power adapter with your Vive Pro. I would suggest using the Vive Pro Link Box with the Cosmos power adapter because the Vive Pro Link Box has Bluetooth to manage base stations. It's nice to have that feature in the event you need to troubleshoot anything or if you decide to add more base stations, etc. 

• Thanks 1