Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.11.2

C.T.

I've tested the Sniper Rifle in Arizona Sunshine that previously was unusable, I can't remember exactly  but I think I was using beta 1.0.10.7 previously when it was too frustrating to use.

It works better, I can use it but the limitation is that the hand you use for the gun trigger (closest to head) because you need to put your head closer to to the sight to see in it; the headset and controller are to close to each other and can't track height changes (Y-movement), it only registers the gyro movement within the same X/Y-coordinates.

It's the same with bows, they work better but the Y-movements stop registering when you have the arrow drawn back. It seems to register X-movements when you move your hand further away from the headset and THEN it registers Y-movements again (as I guess the camera can easily track the controller when further away from the camera).

Possible solution?: Is there any data from controller that can be used to simulate the movement of the controller when it's to close to the headset, to guess the distance from the floor to at least give some Y-movements when it's that close? For example what doesn't work in snipers and bows is that if I want to aim higher, I lower my right back hand while holding my left forward hand in the same position, but this lowering (Y-movement) isn't registered.

Edited by Risby
  • Like 4

Although it's still hard to aim accurately, Pavlov is at least now playable. I manage to get the kill/death ratio close to one.

Haven't tried Onwards and Zero Caliber yet, but I guess they require more aiming at a distance since these two are more slowly paced, which is impossible for now.

Well done team. This is the first time I have some fun in shooting games with the Cosmos headset.

• Like 2

🤔 bonjour a tous  j ai testé la mise a jour 1.0.11.2

j ai testé le jeu pavlov vr  pour tenir le fusil a deux mains  j ai remarquer quand on vise  on voix pas correctement a l intérieur du viseur du fusil

et quand je baissé le fusil de la main droite revient pas a c est vite il reste 1 ou 2 seconde avant de se baissé 

il faux mettre les moves un peux vers l avant pour que la main revient correctement mais apres le viseur et un peux trop loin pour visé

mais c est mieux qu'avant------- 😁---avec un pistole est correct 100% 

c est un peux jouable mais pas encore== 85%

• Like 1

Thanks to your team's hard work, controller tracking response has improved and Beat Saber is playing quite well. I am able to complete all main Vol 1-3 songs at Expert+  at over A or above, except one song. There is one unique song that requires more horizontal movements on both hands.

As you can see in the video, the controller lags behind when there is a wide left-right movement and especially when both hands need to do it.
It's a long enough lag that makes the song impossible to complete.

Thanks, and looking forward to the next update!

• Like 1

Aiming in Pavlov feels much better, still not perfect but a big improvement over the public release I was on before.

I've found that turning the controller upside down (like if stabbing the ground in a game like Blade and Sorcery) the tracking seems to not move smoothly.

Keep it up, I have faith that you guys can fix the aiming issues for FPS games. 😀

• Like 1

les manettes tremble encore au moment de visé en position fusil  😞  ,

il y a toujours des décrochage de mouvement à gauche ou à droite a un certain moment pour viser avec la position fusil

pour viveport peu on  sur régler le problème de la date de naissance? car il faut a chaque fois la rentrée pour voir la vidéo  🙄  ,

Edited by manudu78

On 4/4/2020 at 12:48 PM, tonton said:

🤔 bonjour a tous  j ai testé la mise a jour 1.0.11.2

j ai testé le jeu pavlov vr  pour tenir le fusil a deux mains  j ai remarquer quand on vise  on voix pas correctement a l intérieur du viseur du fusil

et quand je baissé le fusil de la main droite revient pas a c est vite il reste 1 ou 2 seconde avant de se baissé 

il faux mettre les moves un peux vers l avant pour que la main revient correctement mais apres le viseur et un peux trop loin pour visé

mais c est mieux qu'avant------- 😁---avec un pistole est correct 100% 

c est un peux jouable mais pas encore== 85%

@Tonton
please use the Deepl translator to tranlsate your comments to english before posting.

Deepl uses AI and does a much better job compared to Google.
https://www.deepl.com/translator

Here's the result of translating your comment to english:

"Hello everyone, I tested the 1.0.11.2 update.

I have tested the pavlov vr game to hold the rifle with both hands I noticed that when you aim the rifle, you can't hear correctly inside the rifle sight.

and when I put the rifle down with my right hand it doesn't come back to it's quick it's 1 or 2 seconds before it goes down.

it is wrong to put the moves a little forward so that the hand comes back correctly but after the sight and a little too far to aim.

but it's better than before------ 😁-----with a gun is 100% correct.

It's a little playable, but not yet. 85%."

On 4/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, eddyfanbo said:

I found the tracking really depends on the lighting of the room, not sure this particular update did much to improve. In the previous patches, sometimes the tracking is really good, you can do nice overlaps (occlusions and two hand holding without much problem) but sometimes is really bad, like going all over the place... it is particularly bad during the day, when sun light is allowed in the room. with the curtain drawn it is a bit better, but still not great. when at night when using in-door lights the tracking performs overall better, but not always. after this update I found it crashed my steam VR a few times, like same issue with some other users. then the tracking becomes really bad, like I couldnt even play half life alyx at all. before it was fine, i manage to complete the game without much issue with version 1.0.11.1 I think. Really hope vive could fix this tracking problem in the future, also I found the online tracking guidance a nice improvement, because it acknowledges the limitation of this particular device. but with that said, it will be nice to have tracking working with a wide range of lighting conditions/setups. Thank you VIVE. I wish not to return this product 

This pretty much exactly describes my problem in general when it comes to daylight with su impact to the room.