Error 009 while turning on

Raysangar

The VIVE console prompts this error every time I try to turn on the headset

The USB cable must be connected to a USB 3.0 or higher port on the computer.

I'm 100% sure that im plugin the cable to a USB 3.0 port and I've tried all possible solutions from support website, but the error keeps appearing. Are there any clues about what could be the issue here?

I would really appreciate any info that you could give me.

Thank you guys!

@stvnxu @C.T.

@Raysangar - Can you please share the following info:

• Please list your laptop/PC/motherboard make and model
  • USB 3.0 ports are usually blue - are you plugging into a blue port
  • Which SKU of Cosmos are you using (regular Cosmos or Cosmos Elite)
  • Are you using the USB cable that came boxed with your Vive kit?
  • Please open the Vive Console and select "report issue" to send our team logs which are the most direct way for us to see what the issue could possibly be.
  • After reporting the issue, try hitting the "reset headset" button to see if the behavior changes.

image.thumb.png.1af761736271b1e47c17deff7f22620d.png

Hello and thank you for your reply!

I've reported the issue and I tried to reset the headset, but unfortunately it didn't work either.

Here is the info that you asked:

- Custom PC with Asus Maximus IV Extreme motherboard

- Yes, I'm sure that I'm connecting the USB cable to a USB 3.0 port

- Regular Cosmos

- Yes, all the cables are the official ones

Thank you again for your time!

4 minutes ago, Raysangar said:

@Shen Ye Yes, I have six USB 3.0 ports. I've tried all of them

very strange. Could you go into Vive Console > Troubleshooting > Report Issue and submit an issue? It will upload the logs and provide you a trace number. If you could send that over, we can take a look into it in more detail.

4 hours ago, Shen Ye said:

very strange. Could you go into Vive Console > Troubleshooting > Report Issue and submit an issue? It will upload the logs and provide you a trace number. If you could send that over, we can take a look into it in more detail.

Sure, the trace number is 20200407141035.

Thanks!

@C.T.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Raysangar said:

Sure, the trace number is 20200407141035.

Thanks!

@C.T.

According to the logs, those USB ports are indeed running at USB 2.0 speeds, with no errors. We suspect your Windows OS is lacking the necessary USB 3.0 drivers for the NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 controllers that power your mobo's USB 3.0 port. I had a look on ASUS's website and it doesn't look like they supply Windows 10 drivers for them, but you could try going into Device Manager and seeing if you can get Windows Update to find newer drivers for the USB controllers. If that doesn't work our engineering team is suggesting you take a look over here for the original drivers (but please check the controller model and version you have when selecting the correct driver): https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html

Side note, we noticed you're using an Nvidia GTX 760 2GB, we have some concerns with how well your experience will be on that card as its performance falls short of our minimum specs.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Shen Ye said:

According to the logs, those USB ports are indeed running at USB 2.0 speeds, with no errors. We suspect your Windows OS is lacking the necessary USB 3.0 drivers for the NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 controllers that power your mobo's USB 3.0 port. I had a look on ASUS's website and it doesn't look like they supply Windows 10 drivers for them, but you could try going into Device Manager and seeing if you can get Windows Update to find newer drivers for the USB controllers. If that doesn't work our engineering team is suggesting you take a look over here for the original drivers (but please check the controller model and version you have when selecting the correct driver): https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html

Side note, we noticed you're using an Nvidia GTX 760 2GB, we have some concerns with how well your experience will be on that card as its performance falls short of our minimum specs.

Hello Shen!

I've installed the drivers and it seems like the USB port error has gone, but it still keeps failing to turn on. This time the error that always prompt is the code 210. Any idea about how to fix this? Restarting the VIVE Console app doesn't seem to work as suggested on the support website. I've reported a new ticket to upload new logs (2020040813235).

About the GPU, I am waiting to receive a new one, but I don't know when I will receive it due to this unfortunate virus situation. So I wanted to test the headset to make sure that it works fine.

Thank you! 

Edited by Raysangar