Disable headset sleep/standby

MagNet

Hello Vive Staff,

I can confirm things are working as expected.  I was able to boot up the Vive via Steam VR without issues  with an idle system over the weekend.

As an added note, I did not need to uninstall/reinstall SteamVR beta during the entire troubleshooting process.

Thank you,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello John,

Confirmed new drivers did not do the trick, nvidia 391.01.  As soon as the vive boots up and the drivers kick in the screen goes black and does not recover, almost seems worse.  A quick way that I've been able to reproduce is have the issue happen, when screen goes black.  Enable direct mode, the screen lights up until my main minor goes blinks (goes black) for a second and then immediately the vive screen goes black.  100% reproducible for me that way, only way to fix is a system reboot or graphics driver reinstall.   

The issue does seem to happen when the computer recognizes the vive as a display.

Here is a bit more information of my system video outputs, GTX 1080ti.  2 monitors using Display Port to DVI, TV using HDMI and the Vive is using HDMI.  I have been thinking to disconnect the TV HDMI to see maybe it is the way the screen/display mapping is happening although the computer does not recognize the tv until it is turned on and I enable the display in the windows display properties.  Whatever the heck it is, it is pretty weird but only happens if the VIVE is not used for a bit, the number of hours I haven't been able to validate.

I will check back after testing with the TV disconnected.  Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Thank you,

Hello

Hello,

No Deaedius, you are not alone, i am following all the conversation during some month, just to confirm i have exactly the same behavior with the vive.

I tried everything  said in the conversation also, with no sucess. The screen turn off after 5-10s (while the mirror continue to work perfectly after). 

The reboot didnt work for me (or not everytime? last times it didnt work).

Just after the upgrade, i could play few hours (no reboot), but 1 day after problem was there again!

What i could try is downgrade the driver with an older one (3.8 or less) to see if it changes anything.

I will try that this weekend. Will keep you informed.

For info, i have nvidia GTX 1070 Fonders Edition.

Please , continue to activly help us !

Hello John,

I can attempt roll back.  I will see how things are tonight since I have the TV HDMI disconnected from the graphics card.  I have tried 3 different versions of nvidia drivers with no success.

391.01, 390.77, and 390.65 (performed on roll back).  I believe the issue started shortly after upgrading to 390.77.  I can try to use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) tonight and reinstall 391.01 as I'd perfer to run that version prepping for FF XV, I do not mind testing as much as needs be until the 6th.

Thank you,

Archived