Vive Flow Roadmap

Dak

On 11/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, J35ter said:

The device is unusable while lying in bed, as the main menu can't be moved. Same with Viveport.

Also, currently no virtual desktops in sight.

Second dud in a year, after buying an Nreal light last year - both have great hardware but are unusable due to extremely lacking software.

HTC added support for this in an update a few weeks ago. You can now move the screen up to watch shows while laying down.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:39 AM, Vivenado said:

I can lie down with Viveport video.  You just have to move the screen up.

When they posted that it wasn't possible to move the screen. After a recent update you can now move the screen and use it this way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my Flow yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed, but I think this thread sums it up nicely; there is so much potential if only I had reason to believe Vive was planning to invest serious development in the product.  Is there any reason not to return it while I still can and look at alternatives, or as far as we know is the Flow as capable now as it's ever going to be?

1 hour ago, Phil R said:

I just got my Flow yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed, but I think this thread sums it up nicely; there is so much potential if only I had reason to believe Vive was planning to invest serious development in the product.  Is there any reason not to return it while I still can and look at alternatives, or as far as we know is the Flow as capable now as it's ever going to be?

Honestly the fact that not a single staff member bothered to reply to this or any of the similar posts, lack of ANY public statements, lack of any marketing collateral or anything substantive AT ALL tells volumes of their commitment to supporting the device.

I would personally get a refund before the window expires at this point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dak said:

Honestly the fact that not a single staff member bothered to reply to this or any of the similar posts, lack of ANY public statements, lack of any marketing collateral or anything substantive AT ALL tells volumes of their commitment to supporting the device.

I would personally get a refund before the window expires at this point.

Thanks; this was exactly what was on my mind.  Such a shame; thanks for the validation.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Flow is good.  I just started really putting it through it's paces.  People hating on it I bet they haven't really even tried it ,imo.

The first thing you should do is pay the 5 bucks for one month of Viveport Infinity.  That way you can try all of the games and discover that there are actually some good ones.

This was unexpected.  I figured the standalone mode would suck but no, this thing can actually run halfway decent games (mobile games).  They need to get more games on it though.  There should be a developer outreach to get more Oculus Go games ported.

I also have a Quest 2 and the games on Vive Flow are equally entertaining to me.  Of course they are different types of games but it's still mobile VR.   I could easily sit there playing Solitaire on Vive Flow just as long as I'd play any of the games on Quest 2.

Edited by Vivenado