Cannot launch Viveport subscription games

Jojoba_Jack

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfortunate there is no solution to this issue mentioned in the thread.  I have been having this issue for quite some time as well.  Purchased programs that once work, not longer load.  I'll attempt to load any Viveport program, it goes to a white grid, and then crashes after showing loading for a few minutes.

Anything in Steam will load and run flawlessly.

Was there ever a fix discovered for this?

Thanks for the response .  I hope this additional information can assist in resolving this issue for all.

Version 1.1.0 (r70) for Viveport.

Updates are auto downloaded for both Viveport and Steam and installed automatically or as soon as I see them if manual activation of the update is needed.

Similarly, I use Geforce Experience to keep my Nvidia driver up to date.

I frequently check other hardware vendors (i.e., ASUS or Intel) for other driver updates.

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled all software and drivers because after months of experiencing the issue I had led myself to believe it was an issue with my computer.  Unfortunately, there was no change to the problem I am experiencing.

Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz

32 Gb DDR4 2400 Memory

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero

SLI (x2) Nvidia GTX 1080

1 Gb Raid setup using 4x 250Gb Samsung EVO drives

I definitely have the power for running any VR program.  However, regardless of what program I try to load from Viveport it is not successful.  The headset will launch a white grid and continually say it is loading the selected program before eventually crashing; often 20-60 minutes later, but at times in as little as a few minutes.  Both during and after this white grid Viveport loading sequence my computer will hang up.  Even loading the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) will take 10-15 minutes.  Trying to restart my computer will have a similar time in taking 10-15 minutes.

When I load other applications or games, including any VR games through Steam, they all load and run flawlessly. 4k resolutions frequently over 60 fps.  Load times are near instant for most games and applications.  My computer normally shuts down and restarts in less than a minute.  Everything you would expect from such a rig.

However, the second I try to load a program in Viveport, the whole computer hangs up as described above.  It has been happening for a few months and is frustrating beyond belief.  At this point in time, I've uninstalled all Viveport games/apps and established a second Vive account to prevent Viveport apps from showing in SteamVR.  I even repurchased theBlu in Steam so that I can continue to use it for showing off the HTC Vive headset.  The exact program loads fine through Steam whereas it will not load through Viveport.

With all these issues I can't currently entertain the idea of even trying the subscription.  Loading through Vive essentially renders my computer useless until I can force a restart.

Virus Protection & Firewall - Kapersky Internet Security 2018

If I pause the protection (turning it off), there is no change to the described issues.

I also adjusted the Application Activity for Viveport and all related HTC/Vive applications to be excluded from all screening.  Again, there was no change to the described issues.

Lastly, when I recently reformatted my computer I attempted to load programs through Viveport prior to installing Kapersky and experienced the same issues.

Default windows firewall and defender programs are disabled and/or controlled by Kapersky.

For the 2nd question, I am on a home network.  I use a Nighthawk R8500.  I have cable internet tested at ~160mbps down and ~12mbps up (supposed to be 250mbps down) with latency of only 14ms and no jitter.  My computer uses an ASUS PCE-AC68 Wireless AC1900 Adapter and is connected at 1300Mbps over my home wifi network at full signal strength (it is not far from the router).

I experience no lag or latency issues with any of the variety of online games I play.

Have you used the troubleshooting tool in settings? If you follow through the steps it will prompt you to general a report or log and send it to us.

Please do that next and let me know when it's happened. Also, if you could PM me your email you're using with the Viveport account that would be awesome.

Thank you,

-John C

Hi Snow

I am also experiencing hte same issues with the error Launch Failed : Viveport app does not launch (23204). Have checked eveything and all apps in Steam work seemless load and play perfectly. Only Viveport and subscriptions are not working.

Hope you can help HTC

Harad