Vive Business Streaming 1.10.4 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:39 AM, Tausendberg said:

Just want to chime in and say, RTX 4090 user here, tried out Ultra mode and it is shocking how clear the image quality is now, especially how sharp text looks for example, I really feel like Ultra mode does justice to the Focus 3's high resolution displays.

Yeah, i also have a 4090 and wifi 6e and WOW - to be fair i was doing this prior by modifying the config file.  The connection appears to be more stable, however i just switched from wifi6 to 6e as well so hard to say.

What I would love to see is 120hz!!! In the previous build I was able to force 120hz and get reliable speeds at 2448x2448 by modfiying the resolution and FPS value in the quality preset json.  In the latest version the value is gone and adding it back has no affect.  120hz also works in ALVR but the controller mappings are trash so i won't use it.

PLEASE PLEASE provide any guidance or unlock 120hz even if its "not supported"  - I had to go back to my index for competitive gaming and i miss the wireless and high resolution!!

thanks for all the hard work @C.T. and team

On 12/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, xadamadax said:

Yeah, i also have a 4090 and wifi 6e and WOW - to be fair i was doing this prior by modifying the config file.  The connection appears to be more stable, however i just switched from wifi6 to 6e as well so hard to say.

What I would love to see is 120hz!!! In the previous build I was able to force 120hz and get reliable speeds at 2448x2448 by modfiying the resolution and FPS value in the quality preset json.  In the latest version the value is gone and adding it back has no affect.  120hz also works in ALVR but the controller mappings are trash so i won't use it.

PLEASE PLEASE provide any guidance or unlock 120hz even if its "not supported"  - I had to go back to my index for competitive gaming and i miss the wireless and high resolution!!

thanks for all the hard work @C.T. and team

I 2nd this give us the FPS value back and thanks @C.T. and team ❤️ 

• Like 1

I supposed the latest VBS thread is the appropriate place to ask this: does the VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker support eye tracked foveated rendering via VBS into (any) Steam VR PC VR titles using an NVIDIA RTX GPU? Would the function that controls this/turns it on or off be handled by the headset OS settings, VBS PC side, by SRanipal, something in the NVIDIA Control panel or software suite on their extensive website, or by some .exe that you have to search a Github project for? And I mean by an end user for a game/experience, not a developer plugin for a game engine or an SDK. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2022 at 2:12 PM, copelandmaster said:

I supposed the latest VBS thread is the appropriate place to ask this: does the VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker support eye tracked foveated rendering via VBS into (any) Steam VR PC VR titles using an NVIDIA RTX GPU? Would the function that controls this/turns it on or off be handled by the headset OS settings, VBS PC side, by SRanipal, something in the NVIDIA Control panel or software suite on their extensive website, or by some .exe that you have to search a Github project for? And I mean by an end user for a game/experience, not a developer plugin for a game engine or an SDK. 

Coming back to ask this question again, as Shen Ye himself brought up "foveated compression" in a Tested interview about the XR Elite:

https://youtu.be/almTJ6qv9Uc?t=2007

He says this is something that the Focus 3 already does, but does that mean in a developer prototyping sanbox or an actual end user feature that can be turned on in VBS/the HMD OS? I upgraded to the 4070 Ti since the last post, and while the dual encoder handles Ultra with 30-50% usage just fine/much better than the 3080, any performance that could be won back system wide through the chain would be greatly appreciated. Especially in ridiculously in heavy games like VR Chat. I was considering the eye tracker over the holiday, but was holding out on information regarding the XR Elite (and other HMDs like the Pimax Crystal and Somnium VR1. Pimax is doing "foveated transport"/"DFR" and the Somnium is somehow using it for the 4k passthrough cameras). The XR Elite doing eye tracked "foveated compresssion" as a casually mentioned feature by the GHoP for an unreleased add-on while the Focus 3 being ???-status after having its add-ons available since last October is something that should be cleared up.