Unity Direct Preview doesn't work!

Ring

Hi @dario,

I have met all the conditions you mentioned, but my situation is that when the headset shows "waiting for steamvr", I pressed the play button in Unity, but the headset still continues to display "waiting for steamvr😔

16 minutes ago, Ring said:

Hi @dario,

I have met all the conditions you mentioned, but my situation is that when the headset shows "waiting for steamvr", I pressed the play button in Unity, but the headset still continues to display "waiting for steamvr😔

After pressing the play button in Unity, the headset still displays "waiting for steamvr." Shortly after, an error code 921 appears indicating a missed frame timeout.

I have recorded my screen during development, with Unity interface on the left and the headset projection on the right.

00:03 Install Device APK

00:25 Restart my headset

01:37 Start streaming server

02:00 Start VBS in headset

02:36 Press play button in Unity

02:53 Missed frame timeout, code:921😢

Hi @dario,

Thank you for your response, but I have already selected "Wave" in the XR Plugin Management for both the Android and PC tabs.

image.png.3c6b0ed0f20b26b254f3df2193e6915e.png

image.png.6256c23ee8c178daa87505c04e515c2b.png

And it seemed like Unity can receive the position information from the headset, but the headset does not receive any image from Unity.🥺

16 minutes ago, Ring said:

Hi @dario,

Thank you for your response, but I have already selected "Wave" in the XR Plugin Management for both the Android and PC tabs.

image.png.3c6b0ed0f20b26b254f3df2193e6915e.png

image.png.6256c23ee8c178daa87505c04e515c2b.png

And it seemed like Unity can receive the position information from the headset, but the headset does not receive any image from Unity.🥺

Have you tried to connect with USB cable to see if it works properly? 
If there's only pose data but no image, reconnect or "hit the unit play again" may resolve the issue. 

Hi, @C.T.,

I've tried reconnecting, hitting the play button again, and even changing the wifi several times, but the issue is not solved.

As for the USB cable connection, it also doesn't work. Unity can't even receive pose data.😔

Hi, @Tony PH Lin,

I just tried to restore my graphics card settings, but the result is still the same: the headset cannot receive the image from Unity.😞

We doubt there might be some performance setting regarding to Graphic card.

Sorry it's captured in Chinese but we also see you use T.C in your environment.

Could you try to change below setting?

If there is still issue, we may set up debug call with you to further clarify based on your available time slot.

Will PM you if needed.

Thanks.

nvidia-2.png.d900bc6cfc216b130787e187ef8f5b81.png

17 minutes ago, Ring said:

Hi, @Tony PH Lin,
I'm sorry, but after changing the preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor, the issue that the headset can't receive frames from Unity still exist.😭

@Ringcan you zip everything under this folder?  and send the zip file to me?

C:\ProgramData\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveRR\log