Battery cradle not charging

bdh

The battery cradle does not appear to charge anymore. There is no red light on the cradle when plugged into USB-C PD. I made sure to provide a 100 W supply. The same supply does charge both controllers, which show a red light when the same USB-C cable and port from the supply is plugged into each. The headset also powers directly from the USB-C supply and does not appear to have an issue. Only the battery cradle does not accept power and is out of charge.

bdh

1 hour ago, bdh said:

The battery cradle does not appear to charge anymore. There is no red light on the cradle when plugged into USB-C PD. I made sure to provide a 100 W supply. The same supply does charge both controllers, which show a red light when the same USB-C cable and port from the supply is plugged into each. The headset also powers directly from the USB-C supply and does not appear to have an issue. Only the battery cradle does not accept power and is out of charge.

bdh

Could you please contact customer care to check the status of your battery cradle?

They may need to repair it for you.

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, dynameis tw said:

same here , The battery cradle does not appear to charge anymore. There is no red light on the cradle when plugged into USB-C PD

and the capacity show in VR is 50% and I play games for about 10 min it still show 50%

Please reboot the device with the battery cradle plugged in. The boot-up time will be slightly longer this time, as the device will be performing battery cradle firmware updates during the boot-up process. Do not unplug the connector until you enter the VR.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:57 AM, C.T. said:

Please reboot the device with the battery cradle plugged in. The boot-up time will be slightly longer this time, as the device will be performing battery cradle firmware updates during the boot-up process. Do not unplug the connector until you enter the VR.

It's working now , thanks

last time I saw the "did not disconnect image" I thought that means "do not connect battery" so I unplugged it , you may want to add some text descriptions!

4 hours ago, dynameis tw said:

It's working now , thanks

last time I saw the "did not disconnect image" I thought that means "do not connect battery" so I unplugged it , you may want to add some text descriptions!

We will be releasing a new firmware to address more stuff today including this, Cheers

I'm having a similar problem.

The battery cradle doesn't light up at all, and it appears its not charging.

When I try to turn on the headset with the battery cradle, I see an icon that shows a plug with a low, red battery -- then it shuts off.

However when I plug the headset's USB-C directly into a computer (without the battery cradle), power bank, and/or multiple outlets, I get the same low, red battery icon. And it shuts off. 

I saw something regarding an update, but I can't download it due to the headset not powering on completely.

I've tried multiple USBs, multiple outlets. Controllers are charged, everything should work -- but it doesn't.

This is super unfortunate, I'm in the middle of an XR/brain study and we can't continue until this headset gets fixed!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:03 AM, Zeus said:

I'm having a similar problem.

The battery cradle doesn't light up at all, and it appears its not charging.

When I try to turn on the headset with the battery cradle, I see an icon that shows a plug with a low, red battery -- then it shuts off.

However when I plug the headset's USB-C directly into a computer (without the battery cradle), power bank, and/or multiple outlets, I get the same low, red battery icon. And it shuts off. 

I saw something regarding an update, but I can't download it due to the headset not powering on completely.

I've tried multiple USBs, multiple outlets. Controllers are charged, everything should work -- but it doesn't.

This is super unfortunate, I'm in the middle of an XR/brain study and we can't continue until this headset gets fixed!

Can you plug in the XR Elite(without battery cradle) into wall charger for at least 30 mins? after that, please connect the battery cradle and let it boot up from the start. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

I went to use my headset and the light on the cradle wouldn't turn on on the cradle when plugged into charge so I left it for an hour.

came back to it and turned it on, all that would happen is the "vive xr series" logo would flicker twice then the headset would shut off, tried leaving cradle plugged in to charge over night and it tried it again in the morning. meanwhile plugged the headset itself into direct power to use in the meantime and work, but couldn't update it. (I would assume to low power in the unit)

Tried in the morning same issue, logo would flash twice and shut down, left for work and left main device on charge.

Came home in the evening to try and see if headset was working nominally and it was, I was even able to update the headset.  I then tried plugging cradle back in to see if the main headset power would be enough to do the data transfer for the update to the cradle and it just reverted to flashing the logo again.

Is there an issue with my cradle or am i doing something wrong?

i have tried submitting a ticket too.

@PyroTech115Based on the description, it seems that the battery cradle did not update successfully. Let's try one more thing: connect your battery cradle to the XR Elite and let it charge for at least an hour before turning it on. Then, when it turns on and enters the VR environment, just restart the device manually via the power menu. Let me know how it goes, thanks!