Battery cradle not charging

bdh

5 hours ago, C.T. said:

@PyroTech115Based on the description, it seems that the battery cradle did not update successfully. Let's try one more thing: connect your battery cradle to the XR Elite and let it charge for at least an hour before turning it on. Then, when it turns on and enters the VR environment, just restart the device manually via the power menu. Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Hi CT,

I suspected it may have been the case, so I left the cradle plugged into the XR Elite all day today while I was at work and just tried to boot it up before jumping on to see if anyone had replied.

Unfortunately all it does is power up for a split second and then shuts itself off again.

Thanks for replying!

16 minutes ago, PyroTech115 said:

Hi CT,

I suspected it may have been the case, so I left the cradle plugged into the XR Elite all day today while I was at work and just tried to boot it up before jumping on to see if anyone had replied.

Unfortunately all it does is power up for a split second and then shuts itself off again.

Thanks for replying!

Okay, let me confirm this once more:

1. The headset itself is up to date on version 1.0.999.430.
  2. You were able to power it on and enter the VR world using the glasses only, without the battery cradle (by plugging in the USB power directly).
  3. The battery cradle does not charge when plugged in to the USB power, and no LED light is visible.
  4. The headset will not power on when connected to the battery cradle (which leads to the suspicion that the battery cradle is out of power).

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

Okay, let me confirm this once more:

1. The headset itself is up to date on version 1.0.999.430.
  2. You were able to power it on and enter the VR world using the glasses only, without the battery cradle (by plugging in the USB power directly).
  3. The battery cradle does not charge when plugged in to the USB power, and no LED light is visible.
  4. The headset will not power on when connected to the battery cradle (which leads to the suspicion that the battery cradle is out of power).

Hi CT,

Yes the headset is updated to version 1.0.999.430.
Yes I was able to use the glasses only.

Correct, the cradle will not charge and displays no LED.

Correct, the glasses will not power on if they they plugged into the cradle.

The headset will also not power on if the cradle is connected and the cradle plugged in.

3 minutes ago, PyroTech115 said:

Hi CT,

Yes the headset is updated to version 1.0.999.430.
Yes I was able to use the glasses only.

Correct, the cradle will not charge and displays no LED.

Correct, the glasses will not power on if they they plugged into the cradle.

The headset will also not power on if the cradle is connected and the cradle plugged in.

Got it, I left some notes to your support ticket. They need to check it for you. Thanks

I have the exact same situation with my headset as C.T.  I'm updated to 1.0.999.430, can use the glasses when powered directly, but can't get the battery to charge (no light) or the unit to function when plugged in through the battery.

Have tried everything in this thread.

What's next?

On 8/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, C.T. said:

Got it, I left some notes to your support ticket. They need to check it for you. Thanks

Hi CT,

I am still waiting for someone to contact me, I know the site says 1-3 business days and its past that time period are there delays atm?

Cheers,

Pat

I am having the same issue. I haven't been able to play for a few months. System turns on, Battery said 91% then dropped to 50%. Will not show charging even though the cables do charge the controllers. It will not charge and the light does not come on. Seems to be a big problems with the battery cradles.

Hi,

I also had the same problem with one of two devices I have. I couldn't get one to charge. Tried everything that was said here and it didn't work. Had the same problem with the logo shortly flashing. I could use the device connected to a wall charger.

I decided to try one last thing. I fully charged the other working device, then i switched batteries. luckily the other device booted with the non working battery and correctly updated the battery firmware. I now have two working devices again!

I know this solution might not be for everyone, but if you know someone with a working device you could probably fix it this way.

Cheers,

Mike