Vive Streaming Hub 1.2.4 - Public Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Streaming Hub - 1.2.4 - Public release notes

Released August 4th, 2023

VIVE Streaming Hub - 1.2.4

• Supports PIN code pairing for computer connection (XR Elite software 1.0.999.374 or later is required).
  • Supports installing client app via wireless connection (XR Elite software 1.0.999.374 or later is required).
  • Refined the layout of the console UI.
  • The Hub Console will remain open even when the streaming server quits on unsupported PCs, allowing users to still access FAQs or submit issue reports via the Console.

VIVE Streaming - 1.11.8b

• Refined Dynamic bitrate settings to prevent pixelated images when encountering network condition glitches.
  • Refined Graphics Auto mode and now supports new GPUs.
  • Fixed a potential server crash when the client disconnected.
  • Fixed sharpening setting not working sometimes.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed eye gaze data that could be incorrect or not received.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed a crash issue in UE editor mode.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed an issue where OpenXR content was being blocked by anti-cheat software.

VIVE Streaming app - 1.0.17.13e (Please connect VIVE XR Elite to PC via USB or wireless to update)

• Now supports In-VR streaming settings by double-clicking the menu button on the left controller.
  • Added support for left hand reverse pinch to open Steam Dashboard.
  • Now supports hand fist gesture mapped to the controller grip bindings.
  • Fixed potential black screen issue during reconnecting.
  • Fixed memory leak issue due to reconnection.
  • Fixed an issue that causes users to get stuck at 75 FPS in content with VIVE XR Elite.

Hi, I have updated to 1.2.4 today and now everything is broken. The Vive streaming shuts down itself unexpectedly after few seconds. I have no time to go to the configuration panel to report an issue. As I use my XR Elite only for PC VR, it means that I cannot do anything with it right now. To be sure, i also removed the software and installed it again but nothing has changed.

Is there a way to fallback and install the previous version of the Streaming Hub?

I experienced several times the same kind of issue with unexpected shutdown of the streaming hub with previous releases and I never complained. But now It is completely broken and I have to admit that this piece of software is of very poor quality.

My configuration is Windows 10 Professional N (version 22H2) and my system is up to date.

Edited by spoonless
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, spoonless said:

Hi, I have updated to 1.2.4 today and now everything is broken. The Vive streaming shuts down itself unexpectedly after few seconds. I have no time to go to the configuration panel to report an issue. As I use my XR Elite only for PC VR, it means that I cannot do anything with it right now. To be sure, i also removed the software and installed it again but nothing has changed.

Is there a way to fallback and install the previous version of the Streaming Hub?

I experienced several times the same kind of issue with unexpected shutdown of the streaming hub with previous releases and I never complained. But now It is completely broken and I have to admit that this piece of software is of very poor quality.

My configuration is Windows 10 Professional N (version 22H2) and my system is up to date.

I encounter the exact same issue. So this isn't an isolated incident. Could you please look into it ?

@TomLabar I finally made it worked. But honestly, I did some many different steps that I am not sure which are relevant.

By clicking very quickly before it crashed, I activated the beta version (click quickly to the gear icon then "parameters", "advanced" in the menu and activate the "Beta"). That way, I switched to the version 1.2.4 Beta. But I saw no improvement (the progam still crashed).

After that, I downloaded and installed separately the Business Streaming: https://business.vive.com/fr/solutions/streaming/

This one did not crash when I ran it. I plugged my headset to my PC with an USB cable and I installed the latest version of the app  (v1.0.17.3) in the heaset (go to the parameters and go to the section "about" to see the button to install). Honestly, the installation failed several times and I don't know why (my headset is up to date by the way). But the third or fourth try succeded. Hurray!!!!!

After several tests, It seems now that when I run the Vive Business Streaming, then stop it then start the Vive Streaming Hub, it works.

Hope it could help...

Update for my previous post. I tried again and my workaround does not work 😞

Currently the only configuration that works 100% for me is to use the Vive Business Streaming but I have to plug in the headset to my PC with a USB cable and choose "Vive Streaming" option in the headset.

I reported an issue to Vive... let's see...

9 hours ago, C.T. said:

if you are still running into crash on launch issue, please send me everything inside the folder, I'll have R&D to check ASAP.

%ProgramData%\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveHUB\Log

HI,

everything from folder Log is here.

https://nas.depi.cz:5001/sharing/hmovcbqqp

the installation file installs two applications: Vive Streaming HUB and Vive Business streaming.
When I start the VIVE streaming Hub, it crashes after a while. When I uninstall Vive BUsiness Streaming, the Steaming HUB doesn't crash, but the headset is not fully functional with Steam VR.
And there are two errors in the event viewer - .NET Runtime (1026), and Application Error (1000)