6Ghz Wifi Routers and access points that work with the Focus 3

darrint

Hello, i would like to start a list of know AP and routers that work with the focus 3 as we bought the U6 Enterprise from ubiquiti and the 6ghz does not work at all

so to start what we (i work for a company that creates vr experiences backlight.fr) have used and works for us and our LBE customers

Netgear AP WAX630E

Netgear Nighthawk AX11000 (RAXE500)

Netgear Nighthawk AX7800 (RAXE300)

Any others that you guys know to work would be apreciated

Darrin

it has been reported in this post in june 2023 

apparently there is a bug in headset's Qualcomm wifi chipset when paired with Qualcomm powered access point (which Ubiquity and for exmaple Ruckus uses)

One of my clients updated the U6 Enterprise yesterday and the issue is still there

Darrin

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm with U6E performance is trash. Same with U7Pro. More than 3 headsets connected on a interference free 160mhz wide channel, unusable. Even at 20mbps bitrate per client vbs setting. Tried 80mhz, 40mhz.

I hear people with ruckus able to get 16 people with at least 50mbps bitrates on the clients.

Edited by thepark_gilles
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:00 AM, mightyjuke said:

@thepark_gilles any idea what model is it?

RAXE500 & RAXE300 will work if you only have just 3-4 headsets in a venue. U7Pro performs a bit better compared to U6E, but still trash, hopefully the future firmware from Unifi can improve things.

sorry, don't know, but, we did recently uncover problems with later vbs versions causing stuttering on even the best wifi connections, reverting to 1.10.7a for example got us back to a good state

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

ASUS GT-AXE16000 here for internal use and it's currently what we recommend to venues that need straightforward router rather than anything Enterprise-grade.

We're trialling the U7-Pro right now, we managed 3-4 headsets without any obvious issues on 160Mhz but this was a very light-touch initial test. It might be that the performance has improved since Gilles tested it, or maybe we got super lucky on this one. We've been having major stuttering in the last week mind you, but that could equally be to the aforementioned stuttering issue so I'm downgrading our workstations right now.