HTC VIVEPRO shipping

scopehead

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERYONE WHO ORDERED THE VIVE PRO STARTER KIT:

Take it from me— I ordered the kit on April 5th, and as everyone else, only received the Headset and Brackets. After testing my patience thus far I couldn’t help but complain. I looked all over for a HTC Vive phone number (they told me they don’t have one) and found a number on reddit. I called and met a wonderful honest representative. I told him my situation and he in a nutshell said they have no idea when they’ll have the controllers and base stations kit in stock and that it could be towards the END of May when I’d see any shipping notification. I immediately worked with him and canceled the rest of my order and started the request to return everything back, which he said there would be no problem with.

Best Buy has the Vive Pro System Kit that includes EVERYTHING and with free shipping will come next Friday May 4th. Keep in mind, this includes the NEW controllers and base stations. It’s a no brainer (money-willing) to go for the new gear and get it sooner then wait another month to get the old equipment. I’d personally advise everything to follow the same as I feel like it’s going to be a very long time till anything happens with that old starter kit mess (they even pulled it off their website).

Same story here... Ordered my Vive Pro on April 9th, I got the brackets last week, and the headset today, wish I could cancel my starter kit but I heard I have to pay for shipping. I talked to support on live chat, they claimed I couldn't refund it, I could only reject it... I'm still a bit confused on that; however, I was charged the full amount. I feel cheated... my kids are disappointed, I'm $1200 short now. I was told everything will be shipped before April, nothing yet. At this point, Vive has to give out something to the customers. Either the new 2.0 controllers and Base Station or a discount, otherwise, I'm canceling my orders along with the other 1000 people. I also wish we could at least have an apology or something, They've been pretty much ignoring this thread for a week.

Yeah I'm doing the only thing left I can do, and thats wait and hope my stuff gets here at somepoint even through all of HTC's lies and tell very person that thinks about VR to stay very far away from this nightmare that HTC has trapped us in.

Just want to give everyone a heads up...The Vive Pro starter kit is shipping (at least here in Canada). Received mine today (Monday May 7th). Original order placed on April 16th.

Archived