Unplayable !

Patrik

How can you release a product that is not finished? My tracking is that bad that its unplayable...

It is jumping around not even tracking... Hope fully this will be fix really soon or i want my money back..

what a joke

Hi @Patrik,

We apologize for the tracking issues you're experiencing! Let me help you try to resolve this - I'll need a bit more information from you to fully understand your tracking situation:

1. What software version are you currently on? 

• To find out: Open Vive Console > Click Dashboard (three lines on top left) > About 

2. Are you getting any notifications about your tracking environment when in the headset? (e.g. low lighting)

3. What is it exactly that is not tracking? Your controller or headset? or both?

• Check your Vive Console dashboard - do all three hardware icons (2x controller, 1x headset) light up? 

4. Could you specify what part of the process is unplayable? Is this regarding a specific content or hardware such as headset not displaying?

Again, we apologize for these issues you're having. Our team is committed and addressing these with fixes in ongoing updates. Here's our promise:

https://blog.vive.com/us/2019/10/07/vive-cosmos-continuing-update/

Here's our recent update v1.0.5:

https://blog.vive.com/us/2019/10/18/vive-cosmos-release-notes/

Steve

I completel agree. my Room is lit like daylight - the software tells me "too dark" - i turn on my projector - the walls in my room become like shining and i can just finish the room setup.

I own multiple VR-headsets with inside-out tracking - NONE of them has issues under these conditions. I play beatsabre on expert+ with no problems on them. With the cosmos? good luck beating the easiest difficulty. The device itself is wonderful in comparison. Good fit, best quality - i would love not to have to send it back. But the tracking is like non-existent - every move is delayed, your hands are warping around. I had expected a lot after reading the reviews but thought "i will not be the best, but i am not that picky". But this is like its not working at all.

Firmware Version 1.0.5. 

Edited by The_Donkey

Thank you for your answer - i will wait for that. Because as i told - from wearing comfort and the crontrollers and everything i am very happy with the device. Its just that the main part is currently simply "not working" for me (and i believe for the thread starter as well - i dont wanna hijack his thread).

Its not "a "small update" that is needed from my point of view...its currently completely useless (as Patrick said - 'unplayable') and thus very frustrating. After boxing the comsmos again i just tried my old headset - even without light the tracking is working - i need to turn on my deksk-lamp to not make it sometimes recalibrate the floor but the controllers are always fine (i somehow have the imagination they rely more on the motion sensors - but dunno).

But the cosmos is a completely different thing. If you can fix that on that level - kudos to you and our devs and engineers! But i am afraid, that i stay very sceptical 😞 I would hate to have to send it back but i will at least wait for the next update...

Edited by The_Donkey

I don't got the brightest room over here but I managed to finish Beat Saber levels on Expert.
As I understood it's the best to got a room with very even lighting and also no clean white walls to avoid tracking issues.

• Like 1

I understood the same - but it felt like it was impossible to get the right circumstances here. And as i Told - i own (and have access) to a large variety of other devices and none seem to have (had! - more about that in a moment) any comparable problems. Even playing puzzle-solving games was impossible.

UPDATE: A few Minutes ago, the software offered me Beta 1.0.7. And even if i only had time to test it for a few minutes (and it is currently midday here) it was an IMMENSIVE difference. If this stays like this (or better: improves even more!) even in the evening just with my normal lights - i tip my head to your dev and engineer-team and my only complain will be - "why not like this from the beginning"? 😉

I'll report back later this weekend when i have been able to spent more time in testing - but so far it looks very promising.

Edited by The_Donkey
  • Like 1

Update on what i experience ..

To day i have instead of playing i wasted 4h on getting the tracking to work.

What i do experience is that if i move head up i go up on the roof and if i look down i fall down the floor, and the image on the headset is lagging and jumping all around.

I can see the controllers but when i move them they wont move ( when i move my head they move ) Basically they wont move at all only when i move head.

I have uninstalled everything and installed it again.

When i installed it again left controller did not show or ( pair) up for about 15 min of trying to start it. After it some how started. Then it was fine for about 1h then it went back the same.

This only happens when i take of my headset put it down for a few seconds.

It is like the headset wont track vertical and horizontal and like the protective zone totally flip out.

I installed the beta as well and its same.

I don't know if this game is the problem or the headset but, it acts the same even in Vive port.

when you start the program it runs well but when you take the headset off it don't track to center of the point of what you installed it to.

@Patrik

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing these issues. I've converted your post to a ticket and will forward internally to identify the root cause of your issues. When you get the chance, can you please submit an issue report through your Vive Console? This will collect your logs and help our engineering team better understand the situation.

Here are instructions on how to submit an issue report:

Thanks,
Steve

Honestly this hmd was not properly optimised before release. Apart from the clarity which is much improved the only way I can see myself keeping this headset is to wait and spend how much more

$$$ on top of what ive already bought to get it working with my original Vive lighthouses. If most of your customers got the chance to compare the tracking on original Vive compared to Cosmos...there'd be outrage!!! controllers stutter through the air, jump up to above my head or below my waist, looking quickly side to side often stutters because it cant see Ive moved. I use it in a fully lit room...it says too dark, I use it in the same room in the daytime...too bright...When I paid AUD$1300 for my Vive two years ago - I knew it was a good product, the foam the packaging. I bought the audio strap, and the wireless kit...theyre awesome! But then I made the mistake of thinking the Cosmos would be an upgrade...big mistake! cardboard packagine inserts, bubblewrap?! It just looked cheap.

Ive already spent AUD$120 for a cable for the wireless, then how much will your lighthouse faceplate be?? To Date: Vive $1300, Audio strap $170, wireless kit $470, Vive Cosmos $1300, new wireless cable $120...how much is it going to cost me to get an "upgrade" from the original Vive? I'm thinking the safest bet for me is to return for a refund until the lighthouse faceplate comes out (depending on how much it retails for) and evaluate for there I havent even mentioned the woeful light leakage into the HMD...caveat emptor!