Cosmos Beta Release 1.0.9.2

C.T.
Message added by C.T.

Merry Christmas, we’ve heard all your voice. The most wanted function will be coming soon in Beta. Please stay tuned. 

Rechargeable battery level @ Beta 1.0.9.2  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.9.2 – Beta Release Notes 

Released December 20th 2019 

[Controller] 

• Fine-tuned the battery level indicator to cover general rechargeable batteries.
    (if you find any abnormal behavior on your batteries, please reply here with the brand and model of your battery "link preferred")

[Tracking] 

• Controller

Solved the specific tracking pose lock problem for boxing style movements and archery game playing

[Vive Runtime] 

• Improved stability for Performance Priority Mode on AMD graphic cards.
  • Optimize IPD show up timing to avoid blocking the VR game
  • Reported VR Headset audio device to OpenVR
  • Improved frame rate control timing for optimize frame rate

[Vive Console] 

• Solved the specific case for HMD firmware update was interrupted by software update

[OOBE & Room Setup] 

• Support the multiple language EULA and Privacy URL

[Origin]

• Added Christmas decorations
  • Thanks 1

Honestly battery level was never a problem for me. But I don’t know much since I’m new with Cosmos. Gonna test the archery tracking now to see if it’s improved. If it’s possible - please focus on rifle aiming. This is the main issue for me right now. Thank you!

Edited by Retsu
  • Like 1

Okay, after testing with archery - I noticed major improvement. Dunno if this is me but yesterday evening, archery was annoying. But now it's actually works very nice. I can actually draw arrow behind my face and it still holds without snapping. Meanwhile, the battery suddenly dead. I use battery that come in the package with headset, yesterday it was full but today after 15 min of testing it keeps spamming that battery is dead but controllers keep working.

• Like 2

OK, I just tried this beta and I think it's a pretty significant improvement in tracking.  Still not quite Rift S gold standard for inside out, but getting a lot closer.  Longbow in the lab is actually quite playable now.  The slingshot in Angry birds vr is still pretty unstable but if you hold it at a bit of an angle it's at least playable now.  Two handled rifles still kinda wander around though.  The Xmas theme in Origin looks great and I like the candy cane magic markers.  I noticed a significant improvement in controller occlusions when drawing and moving the other controller in front and behind each other.  Also, drawing circles out to the sides produced nice smooth, unbroken curves.

I use rechargeable eneloop batteries and normally get ~4 hours runtime so I'll keep an eye on these and see if I notice any improvements.

Overall, I give this update a big thumbs up.  Thanks Vive engineers and have yourselves a merry little xmas!  Cheers.

• Like 3

HTC Cosmos - Definitely on the right path towards correcting the inside out flaws of tracking issues for OOBE, still RIFT S is more polished.  Nice update before the holidays...Maybe we can get Reset View / Reset Position by New Year's 2020.  Haahaaa maybe that's a little too much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Retsu said:

Meanwhile, the battery suddenly dead. I use battery that come in the package with headset, yesterday it was full but today after 15 min of testing it keeps spamming that battery is dead but controllers keep working.

I made pretty good experience with rechargeable 1900mAh Eneloops NiMH BK-3MCCE/8BE.
I would say I get 4-8 hrs. gaming depending on content.

Edited by A-Jey

Some first testing on Beat Saber:

tracking is more precise now on fast controller crossing movements and less tracking loss on right controller to far left or left controller to far right movements.

Still there's a bit floating around sometimes and still there's some tracking loss, but this is definetily  one of the bigger steps forward.

Thanks for this update 🙂

• Like 3

Hi,

Im constantly having tracking issues when getting closer to my floor. The headset will drift and it will loose orientation completley. Also when i try picking upp stuff from the floor in Arizona Sunshine or Boneworks it will go crazy.

My floor is made of white coated boards of wood. Can i improve headset tracking with maby putting a rug with a pattern on my play area?

I really love the headset in all other aspekts then the tracking over all. Its comfy, have superb build quality, good software and very crisp screens with wery little lens issues. I wish for a bigger sweet spot but its ok.

I still have big hopes for you guys to get the tracking as good as the competition! 

• Like 3