Some suggestions for future updates

Hooflee

1. When you press the vive button on the controller please give an option to redo the room boundary. (Having to take off headset and activate from the console is annoying)

2. After room boundary is done sometimes steam will point us in the wrong direction so please PLEASE give us an option to reorientate.

@stvnxu

@C.T.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hooflee said:

1. When you press the vive button on the controller please give an option to redo the room boundary. (Having to take off headset and activate from the console is annoying)

2. After room boundary is done sometimes steam will point us in the wrong direction so please PLEASE give us an option to reorientate.

@stvnxu

@C.T.

I totally agree with these functions...

Edited by w.y

On 1/10/2020 at 2:52 AM, A-Jey said:

If you do the room setup, start standing facing towards the correct direction.
After that only look left and right and keep standing.

This should give you the correct direction.

I do exactly this but it does not always face me in the correct direction 

@Hooflee,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I will pass this with the engineering team in case it's not on their radar already. 

Please note the bulk of the team are currently focused on tracking. "Features and other tweaks will have higher priority once we improve key tracking scenarios..." 

You can read more here: https://forum.vive.com/topic/6989-temporarily-disabling-chaperone-or-collision-boundary/

We love suggestions from our users because it gives us the opportunity to enhance the product experience. Thank you for your patience thus far and stay tuned for more in our upcoming updates! 

• Like 2

I found a tricky way to redo room setup...

Launch Steam -> Find bottom-left corner and click "Add a game" ->  Choose "add a non-steam game" -> Browse your local file -> Enter C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\Updater\App\RoomSetup -> Select "Viveroomsetup" app and add selected program -> Launch Cosmos room setup via SteamVR dashboard

Not that intuitive but fine for switching room scale/seated mode...

Edited by w.y
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2