HTC Vive Pro 2 cameras - "camera communication failed"

On 10/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, C.T. said:

got it, will get back to you soon. 

Hi @C.T. any update on this please?

I don't have a USB hub with the letters RI at the end of it...
image.thumb.png.d86c69f9cc5f11185a5f7b0069f677df.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have noticed the driver is quite old. I uninstalled the Driver and tried different USB ports. Is this the right one? Do you have a manual link to install any newer driver? This worked 2 months ago before the RMA's

image.png.7f7c49d58bb51b9ac19bc8dc774ac322.png

Edited by AmazingTechVR

I found this in the Steam Crash Report logs (I submitted this to HTC support numerous times), but I went looking through it myself and found this error.

Tue Nov 09 2021 12:19:56.811 - Initializing camera
Tue Nov 09 2021 12:19:56.811 - Tracked Camera: Invalid or missing vr::Prop_CameraToHeadTransforms_Matrix34_Array data
Tue Nov 09 2021 12:19:56.811 - D3D11 Camera Initialization failure.
Tue Nov 09 2021 12:19:56.811 - Done initializing CGraphicsDevice resources

3 hours ago, C.T. said:

@AmazingTechVRSorry to hear that you are still having issues with the pass through image with SteamVR.

I've escalated your situation to related departments.
Please keep in touch with the email communication between you and our care team now. They will guide you for the next step. 

@C.T. thank you. My pass-through cameras were working about 2 months ago before I had to send my Vive Pro 2 back for repair. Since the repair, they didn't work anymore. After sending it back 3 times for all of the issues I was having, I got a replacement Vive Pro 2. I was told it's "new", but it had dust and hair on the foam padding and it wasn't in a sealed box, just bubble wrap. So I think I got a refurbished Vive Pro 2 replacement instead of a new one. I also have a dead pixel in the right eye with this new Vive Pro 2.

I have tried this on 2 different PC's and a fresh clean install of WIndows 10 on a spare SSD.

The strange thing is the cameras work with YAWCAM, just not in SteamVR. Room view is greyed out and the camera test always says "camera communication failed".

I had an email from support and pointed them to read this thread, as I have all the screenshots and things I have tested.

Hair and dust on my new HTC Vive Pro 2...
628635389_VivePro2replacementDIRTY20210830_170610.thumb.jpg.cb3d392e6bd20ba54bdd7eb6ac976819.jpg

107990110_VivePro2replacementDIRTY20210830_170617.thumb.jpg.a99921e19810e0af37608c3e33c570b3.jpg

Edited by AmazingTechVR

@AmazingTechVRmsg well received. I do apologize the experience you had back and forth on the RMA process, yet pass through camera is still not working with SteamVR. The worst scenario is that another RMA may be expected to fix your issue. Please kindly wait for further instruction from the email. Thanks

Just now, C.T. said:

@AmazingTechVRmsg well received. I do apologize the experience you had back and forth on the RMA process, yet pass through camera is still not working with SteamVR. The worst scenario is that another RMA may be expected to fix your issue. Please kindly wait for further instruction from the email. Thanks

Thank you. I'm not 100% sure if this is hardware or software, as the cameras work outside of SteamVR, you can see I've tried a lot of things already, so if it is hardware that will explain why it doesn't work on 2 different PCs and a clean Windows 10 install.

If it does come to a 4th RMA, is it possible for a new Vive Pro 2 is sent? As in, new sealed box and NOT from Romania? I can send them the original box if they need. I just don't want a refurbished unit which might also have issues.

I did question why I had to wait for my Vive Pro 2 get there, even though I provided evidence that UPS had it already on the way.

I like the headset when it's all working, so I do really want to keep one instead of a refund after all of this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AmazingTechVR said:

Thank you. I'm not 100% sure if this is hardware or software, as the cameras work outside of SteamVR, you can see I've tried a lot of things already, so if it is hardware that will explain why it doesn't work on 2 different PCs and a clean Windows 10 install.

If it does come to a 4th RMA, is it possible for a new Vive Pro 2 is sent? As in, new sealed box and NOT from Romania? I can send them the original box if they need. I just don't want a refurbished unit which might also have issues.

I did question why I had to wait for my Vive Pro 2 get there, even though I provided evidence that UPS had it already on the way.

I like the headset when it's all working, so I do really want to keep one instead of a refund after all of this.

Can you give me a copy of your latest SteamVR report? I'd like to check something for you