VIVE Focus 3 Software 5.0.999.726 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.6) 5.0.999.726 – Release Notes
Released March 16, 2023

What’s new

• Updated the system with the 2023-01-05 Android security patch level.
  • Updated the VIVE Business Streaming (VBS) app:
    • Visual improvement with the New “Ultra” mode. Please refer to the VBS 1.10.4 Release notes for more details.
    • VIVE Business Streaming server name and IP address are now displayed during a wireless streaming session.

Enhancements and fixes

• Fixed the display ratio issue when casting via Miracast and restored it to full screen.
  • Fixed a bootup issue that caused the system to keep display a looping animation. 

Software customization service

• VIVE Wrist Tracker’s App button can now be used to select text boxes and items on the Wi-Fi settings screen, when the mode for using one wrist tracker and one controller is enabled.
  • Added support for pairing multiple controllers to allow fast swapping between different pairs of controllers. (Up to 4 pairs of controllers can be saved. Only a single pair of controllers can be used at a time.)
  • Added support for the latest Microsoft Intune enrollment format.
  • Added new required settings to Arbor MDM enrollment.
  • Added support for two-way communication between the wrist trackers and attached accessories.

Other updates (for developer)

• Open XR support:
    • Corrected OpenXR’s offset for the controller aim and grip pose.
    • Added support for applying OpenXR’s eye gaze interaction pose to the world space.
    • Returned rectangle boundary for the OpenXR xrGetReferenceSpaceBoundsRect function.
    • Added support for the OpenXR XR_KHR_composition_layer_equirect(2) extension.
      (Note: Currently, only the created swapchain with arraySize = 1 can be supported.)
    • Fixed OpenXR CTS 1.0.26 issues.
    • Fixed memory leakage and stability issues.

• Like 1

"Added support for pairing multiple controllers to allow fast swapping between different pairs of controllers. (Up to 4 pairs of controllers can be saved. Only a single pair of controllers can be used at a time.)"

HEY! That sounds really handy because I use my controllers with Forcetube haptic devices but if I owned a second pair of controllers, I wouldn't need to go through the inconvenience of taking the controllers out of their mounting brackets.

Will this multiple controller pairing feature also be implemented on the XR Elite?

7 hours ago, Tausendberg said:

"Added support for pairing multiple controllers to allow fast swapping between different pairs of controllers. (Up to 4 pairs of controllers can be saved. Only a single pair of controllers can be used at a time.)"

HEY! That sounds really handy because I use my controllers with Forcetube haptic devices but if I owned a second pair of controllers, I wouldn't need to go through the inconvenience of taking the controllers out of their mounting brackets.

Will this multiple controller pairing feature also be implemented on the XR Elite?

not too fast, these added features are for Focus 3 only now. 

Hello,

I'm glad this new feature for multiple controller support is implemented but i still can't seem to be able to get it to work.
I'm attempting to get hand tracking + wrist tracker on my left hand and default controller on my right hand and whatever i try wia VBC or trough the default UI, I cannot get both to work at the same time. Is that still not supported ? And what is the intended pipeline to pair multiple devices to one headset ?

Yoirgl.

• 2 weeks later...

@C.T.

This firmware still hasn't fixed the issue where the headset failed to change the audio input automatically from the built-in mic to the external microphone on the gaming audio headset (3.5mm jack) when plugged in. The external microphone would work when it's plugged in during boot, but it failed to switch to it when the system was already booted. 
Any ETA on that fix being released?

On 3/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, Yoirgl said:

Hello,

I'm glad this new feature for multiple controller support is implemented but i still can't seem to be able to get it to work.
I'm attempting to get hand tracking + wrist tracker on my left hand and default controller on my right hand and whatever i try wia VBC or trough the default UI, I cannot get both to work at the same time. Is that still not supported ? And what is the intended pipeline to pair multiple devices to one headset ?

Yoirgl.

Please reach out to regional technical sales team, they will be able to help you with your inquires on the multiple pairs of controllers, and one hand one controller topics.

• 3 weeks later...