Headphones and Microphone doesn't work

MetalistBat

Hey guys, I've been using my Cosmos since 3 weeks, my headphones were working but my microphone was not. But now I can't hear anything or play Pavlov VR because my microphone doesn't work and can't roleplay to do it. If you can help me, i'd really appreciate.

Hi @MetalistBat,

Have you contacted our general customer service? We have a live chat option so you can get your issue resolved as quickly as possible. I'm only suggesting this option because of 4 hour interval follow up. 

https://www.vive.com/us/support/

On the forum here, there may be up to a 48 hour response time - just a heads up, but we'll do our best here!

Let's check if the device is properly connected and assigned when you're playing:

1. Connect your VIVE Cosmos. (Make sure linkbox is on)
  2. Open Sound Settings 
  3. Click Sound Control Panel
  4. Check Playback to see if Cosmos is the default device (for headphones).
  5. Check Recording to see if Cosmos is the default device.

If they aren't assigned as default, click "set default" for the Cosmos device listed and try playing. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

If not, then there may be some steam settings we can run through. Also, double check on other VR experiences if your mic is working; this is to rule out the muting function of Pavlov. 

image.png

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, with the exception that my headphones work.

The cosmos-microphone isn't even detected in device manager.

There is an errored "usb-composite device" in the device manager with descriptor "HTC Vive", which fails to update and launch. It can't update or reinstall this driver correctly for some reason.

I've tried re-installing all the usb drivers and resetting the hmd device within SteamVR to no avail.

Is it possible to get the Audio driver separately and force a manual driver installation?

Thanks.

i7 2700k 4cores @ 3.8ghz liquid cooled

rtx2080 stock clocks

16GB g-skill ddr3 2333mhz

@stvnxu

19 hours ago, xPriime said:

I have the exact same issue in all 3 Points

Headphones are working, Mic is not detected in the Device Manager, and the Errored USB 

@stvnxu @C.T.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:26 AM, ypbrevar said:

I have the same issue, with the exception that my headphones work.

The cosmos-microphone isn't even detected in device manager.

There is an errored "usb-composite device" in the device manager with descriptor "HTC Vive", which fails to update and launch. It can't update or reinstall this driver correctly for some reason.

I've tried re-installing all the usb drivers and resetting the hmd device within SteamVR to no avail.

Is it possible to get the Audio driver separately and force a manual driver installation?

Thanks.

i7 2700k 4cores @ 3.8ghz liquid cooled

rtx2080 stock clocks

16GB g-skill ddr3 2333mhz

@stvnxu

@ypbrevar & @xPriime - Apologies on the issue you're experiencing. I'm submitting this to our engineering team to look at. In the meantime, please also reach out to our customer service for quicker response times. 

https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/

I put US region by default. Feel free to adjust the location to your appropriate region. 

I will follow up with a solution and report back here. Thanks for raising this.