Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

C.T.

5 hours ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

It's funny how today the kids are willing to pay for an unfinished product.

What's with all this beta culture, beta males, and beta testers.

I've read a lot of straight up dumb things online but this one takes the cake. Does Alpha Testing product - makes you Alpha Male? If you gonna resort to name calling and keeping crying without any constructive critique, you don't get to call anyone "kids" online. 

Edited by Retsu
  • Like 1

I have just played my new Beats Sabre game for 25 minutes and the tracking for the game was perfect. I installed the newest Beta Software/firmware.

it can play very well. very enjoyable. I don't know if a powerful PC makes any difference. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone. Feedback and critical comments are just fine here. We encourage it so we can help making this better. However, let's keep it to that and no go at each other. We are all passionate about VR and new hardware. Going forward, if the bashing, insulting, and overall pushing on each other continues, warnings will begin to be handed out in the form or a 3 day temp ban from interacting on the forums. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, oxygen4004 said:

HTC will stop VR...HTC is like Nokia...who remembers Nokia?!...Future of the VR is Oculus, we all know this...

Happy whith my Cosmos, but my next headset will be an oculus one, maybe successor of RiftS

Ok, I gotta say that this is not very helpful, lol!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oxygen4004 said:

Yes but it is the truth...

To be helpfull I would say that today, despite bad tracking, Cosmos is a good headset...

But, users we are, we cannot do devlpers job...so if bad tracking is due to hardware, no update can fix it

17 hours ago, Shipmate said:

I have just played my new Beats Sabre game for 25 minutes and the tracking for the game was perfect. I installed the newest Beta Software/firmware.

it can play very well. very enjoyable. I don't know if a powerful PC makes any difference. 

Can you describe your room conditions?
Is it very even lightning ore more mixed up with dark and bright sources?
Do you have a plain white wallpaper or does it have a contrastful pattern?

Atm I got the idea that darker areas force the headset to overexpose the brighter areas which results in tracking loss / bad tracking.
I wonder if it could help to let each cam do an exposure for itself.

I personally got exactly that problem.
My living room is large and I'm standing near of a larger window area and the view to the other end of the room is less bright.
As soon as it gets a bit darker after sunset with more even light the problems disappear.

So it seems to me they did an exposure change witch this latest beta update:
working even better on darker even light conditions for the cost of overexposure on uneven lighning.

Maybe I'm completely wrong with my thoughts.

6 hours ago, oxygen4004 said:

Yes but it is the truth...

To be helpfull I would say that today, despite bad tracking, Cosmos is a good headset...

But, users we are, we cannot do devlpers job...so if bad tracking is due to hardware, no update can fix it

Let's say:
the Cosmos is a good headset, but not usable for rifle and bow&arrow mode at the moment.

Everything else is a shot into the blue (including the Nokia comparison).

• Thanks 1