Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.11.1

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.11.1 – Beta Release Notes 
Released March 27th 2020

[Tracking] 

• Controller 
    •  Overall reduction in controller jitter, improving precise movements in e.g. Angry Birds and Tilt Brush

[Vive Console] 

• Added a troubleshooting link to help improve tracking environment 

[Room Setup]

• Updated hint strings for tracking notifications
  • Updated “Pull and hold trigger” string in Japanese

[Origin]

• Added a new introduction video for first time users during setup or when relaunching the Tutorial
  • Thanks 2

I'm a bit sad this doesn't aim to improve the rifle/gunstock-situation, but only playing HL Alyx at the moment where it's not needed critically 🙂 Just hoping to see it in future versions.

PS. I tried Onward (FPS Realistic Shooter) and it has an option for "Virtual Stock", where when holding the rifle with a stock like the picture below it works much better (just random photo online to show how holding the hands). Isn't there some logic from the games programming how to handle the tracking that can be replicated and used in the software instead, so it works like that in all games? At least have some option for it in the Vive Lens so I can use the rifles in Arizona Sunshine.

BEST VIRTUAL REALITY GAME EVER | Onward Military VR Simulator ...

Edited by Risby
  • Like 1

Its been a while since I provided any type of input.  Facts:   Pre-Order Day 1 purchase (Vive Cosmos, Rift S, Rift CV1 x2, Index, etc.)  Rift S debuts with tracking issues and a white blip across the display...yep real facts.  It took the Rift S three to thee and a half months to address most of all major software concerns, constantly updating the HMD and tracking.  NOT the Vive Cosmos inside out tracking.  TRACKING still sucks on the Vive Cosmos! 

However, HTC wants to upsale you more products.  So, they release the Cosmos Elite and other models of the Vive Cosmos but the initial product released is still way behind the Rift S.  It's not even in the same league as the Valve Index so no need to compare the two.  

Items that definitely need attention:

●OOBE inside out tracking.  Poor effort with update 1.0.11.1.  (HMD and controllers)  HMD jitters when viewing objects up close.  Controller tracking is just out right poor, very poor.

●Still no RECENTER/RESET VIEW when your Virtual world does not align with the real world.  

●TESTED interviewed the HTC team saying the tracking is as good as the competition...sure it is.  Also, saying that they update the Cosmos weekly.  No, more like once (1) a month.  

Highly disappointed.  But hey...the screen still looks good when it's not so damn jittery.

Gigabyte Aero 15X eGPU 2080ti 3tb M.2 SSD/ Asus  G20 2080ti 10tb HDD

• Like 1

the messages have been altered but the result is still the same. HTC VIVE COSMOS has 2 settings not enough light for tracking or to much light for tracking.

I am very disappointed about the HTC Vive Cosmos. Will NEVER buy a HTC device anymore, last update was more than a month ago, and still i have the feeling that the 6 cameras are not used together or some are not used together.

Raising my controller above my head always result in losing the controllerfor a moment. Making a fast movement from back to front he controller goes allover.

I you not can solve the problems give the HTC Vive Cosmos buyers a discount on devices that can resove this problem.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but right now there is global pandemic and quarantine. This is the only reason why we get updates once per month. I'm actually surprised that they managed to make this update. We need to wait till everything settles in so the dev team can continue updates.

• Like 3

Hi all.

Beta 1.0.11.2 seems to track a litter better, especially at the side of the head and occlusion in the front is much less, also with 1.0.11.1 I was getting a USB error message  when shutting down the headset but that seems to have gone now.

I didn't get to see if the  the revive darkness fix is still in place but I am sure it will be, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

So all in all an improvement and another good update, its a few steps closer to making the tracking work as good as the tech will allow so appreciate the effort, keep em coming. 

Thanks for the update.

Fink.

2 hours ago, Fink said:

Hi all.

Beta 1.0.11.2 seems to track a litter better, especially at the side of the head and occlusion in the front is much less, also with 1.0.11.1 I was getting a USB error message  when shutting down the headset but that seems to have gone now.

I didn't get to see if the  the revive darkness fix is still in place but I am sure it will be, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

So all in all an improvement and another good update, its a few steps closer to making the tracking work as good as the tech will allow so appreciate the effort, keep em coming. 

Thanks for the update.

Fink.

"This is a private release, you do not disclose anything to anyone before the formal beta release. "

Rip