(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

2 hours ago, Raging Beard said:

I was asked not to share how as I assume they will do a more proper version in time (plus you could mess up your HMD if you do wrong setting)

Hello i have yhe 8kx too and had it with the vive pro 2,could you pm me please how you did it...

9 hours ago, cees said:

Hello i have yhe 8kx too and had it with the vive pro 2,could you pm me please how you did it...

Better idea to contact pimax support directly, because of the reasons raging beard mentioned.
Though congrats for making the endlessly superior choice of ditching htc/vive, in favour of a decent, competent vr company for consumers!

11 hours ago, cees said:

Sorry, I think I was maybe the test Guinea Pig, and was asked not to share anything. The good news is, pixel inversion on the 8kx can be fixed and quite simply too, just put in a support ticket.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, Raging Beard said:

Sorry, I think I was maybe the test Guinea Pig, and was asked not to share anything. The good news is, pixel inversion on the 8kx can be fixed and quite simply too, just put in a support ticket.

yeah i ordered an 8kx and their customer support is fast and responds instantly to my questions about the hmd,mine didnt arrive yet but if i notice this pixel inversion issue i will contact them too,im pretty sure they just made you do what valve did with the index,some collumn corection that fixes this easily for the majority of people,their hmd displays are highly customizable too,like the colors,backlight,brightness even tracking code if you have an issue with tracking,unlike htc that doesnt even aknowledge this pixel inversion issue is present,its good to know that pimax is aware and willing to do something for their customers instead of ignoring,glad i returned my vive pro 2.

I wish you guys the best, from what I have seen across multiple forums Pimax can be a bit  hit or miss. I have several headsets but never had one of theirs so can not speak from experience there, just stuff I have read.

With the 8kx and new firmware an pishell tool, it was a case of pressing up and down volume until lines disappeared. 

It's a shame Vive don't do something similar, I get the impression they don't care, not enough customers are effected or complain I guess. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:39 AM, Raging Beard said:

With the 8kx and new firmware an pishell tool, it was a case of pressing up and down volume until lines disappeared. 

It's a shame Vive don't do something similar, I get the impression they don't care, not enough customers are effected or complain I guess. 

Perhaps not. I subscribe to a couple of flight sim forums and there are a few Vive Pro 2 users there now, have not seen anyone mention an issue like this. And these guys can be hard to please at times. Mine is still doing quite well for me , very pleased so far.

Edited by dburne

got my 8kx,and all i can say is that it does indeed have it too but about 20% of what vp2 had,and the lines are invisible so easy to ignore unlike on vp2 where they turned black the difference is night and day and proly pimax can fix that too but i wont bother as it isnt distracting,also nice to use the panel at 100 without auto brightness bullshit,the colors actually pop the same there is no negative to the pimax maybe a little jitter but thats ok because it also has no glare at all and 150 fov,expensive but at least we get what we pay for,im 1000% it could have been easily reduced on vp2 too with a collumn correction like on index.