(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

Hi guys,

After 10 days back in Romania for a diagnostic, HTC sends me backs my VP2 (I will receive it tomorrow) with this report

"No Repair Action after testing (C001). No Failure/Fault found". 

I'm furious !!! I asked them a complete refund !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aragorn 76 said:

Hi guys,

After 10 days back in Romania for a diagnostic, HTC sends me backs my VP2 (I will receive it tomorrow) with this report

"No Repair Action after testing (C001). No Failure/Fault found". 

I'm furious !!! I asked them a complete refund !

what the heck ? You had the same issue with the pixel inversion ? 

That's really scary, I spent a lot of money sending it back lol.....

The reasons of my return were the panel vertical lines with head movement (worse on the left side) and audio buzz. Which were yours ?

10 minutes ago, Aragorn 76 said:

The same for me (vertical lines, that is why I posted my comment here) except the audio buzz.

aw man this is horrible, did you send it directly to htc themselves ? 

I'm personally sending it back to the reseller and they are going to deal with htc, I'm really curious to see how that will turn out.

I really don't get it, mine is only on the left side which absolutely means theres an issue with the panel if not what is it ? 

The only thing to hope on if every headset is the same is to wait until a column correction releases. But even that, the audio buzz is atrocious.

I just hope getting atleast a new unit to try out but better having them testing the replacement before sending back, because it won't make sense for me to upgrade from an htc vive if the visuals are like this. 

There's the caviat of lcd, grey blacks were already unappealing to me but that's understandable, the vertical lines are just unbearable for me, I would never accept a headset with this issue.

That's terrible, specially when Vive are supposed to be aware of this specific issue. From another post on here where I talked about the problem...

VIVE - "The vertical line symptom has been under our high priority investigation since day one, and to clear your suspicions - it is not caused by the firmware updates. 
We still recommend to update to the latest SW version to receive up to date improvements. Thanks for your understanding."

Me - "Hi, that's good to hear. To be clear, you are talking about the pixel lines that show with head movement right, and disappear when still? We aren't talking about the coloured lines that people had originally. Thanks."

VIVE - "Yes, we are aware of the symptom."

As far as I know, this is the one and only time VIVE have made comment on this issue!

Hello,

my VP2 also came back from HTC Romania with no word about this hardware failure.

I had an agreement with the htc support for full refund, but they returned it nevertheless.

I have also send the 2 pictures below to the support, to show the failure. These are two frames of a handy video. It´s difficult to make a picture of this failure, so thefailure is only seen in the middle of the picture, when you zoom in. The left and right side of the pictures are to blurry to show the failure, but it is noticeable on the whole screen, with my own eyes.

with movement.jpeg

B619A7C9-9A31-4E54-989E-83B67ABDF6F6.jpeg

without movement.jpeg

A53539D8-3C0D-47A1-A437-135C9DCED70D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Franky2021 said:

Hello,

my VP2 also came back from HTC Romania with no word about this hardware failure.

I had an agreement with the htc support for full refund, but they returned it nevertheless.

I have also send the 2 pictures below to the support, to show the failure. These are two frames of a handy video. It´s difficult to make a picture of this failure, so thefailure is only seen in the middle of the picture, when you zoom in. The left and right side of the pictures are to blurry to show the failure, but it is noticeable on the whole screen, with my own eyes.

with movement.jpeg

B619A7C9-9A31-4E54-989E-83B67ABDF6F6.jpeg

without movement.jpeg

A53539D8-3C0D-47A1-A437-135C9DCED70D.jpeg

A refund but they sent your unit back ? uh....

Hello guys,

@GAMEDRIX:  First I opened a ticket with HTC-France and explained my problem, citing the various discussions we have on this topic (not only in this forum). Then I sent back the headset to their repair center based in Romania for HTC-Europe.

@Franky2021: thank you for your feedback. Do you still have your headset ? Have you received your refund ?

@Aragorn 76 Yes i still have this headset, the return of my return arrived yesterday. I am in contact with the HTC support to clear this problem very soon. I had made 2 support tickets, the first because of the display issue and a few days later the second for returning and refunding the headset. I think it is only a lack of communication between the HTC repair team and the HTC support team.