[Tutorial] Focus3 OpenXR Open Beta: Getting Started in Unity

Alex_HTC

On 5/17/2022 at 11:19 PM, Hedvik said:

I tried it out a bit more and it seems like the interaction profile is only available for the Android platform (which is why I didnt find it initially). Are there any plans for supporting the interaction profile of the Focus 3 with the Windows platform? That way, the Focus 3 would be useable for desktop OpenXR applications through VIVE Business Streaming and SteamVR's OpenXR runtime.

I've been able to get tracking and display to work with the Focus 3 in that context, but it is lacking input support since there is no interaction profile for that platform

@Hedvik
Use latest steamvr beta - i believe it adds some support for focus3, it's fairly new so we're still testing that.

on top of that, try using the cosmos openxr profile on pc linked here

13 hours ago, Alex_HTC said:

@Hedvik
Use latest steamvr beta - i believe it adds some support for focus3, it's fairly new so we're still testing that.

on top of that, try using the cosmos openxr profile on pc linked here

Updating to the latest version of the VIVE Wave OpenXR Plugin for Windows seems to have made input work for the Focus 3 when using the Cosmos profile :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:37 AM, tonkso said:

Is this compatible with the MRTK? I have an MRTK project that compiles and runs for Oculus Quest with no issue, but when I deploy to the Vive I get a blank screen and no input. The app does appear to be running as I get ADB output, but the app does not show in the app menu.

@tonkso MRTK3 seems to work fairly well after adding the wave openxr package and changing the main camera out for an xr rig.
I'm still going to kick the tires a bit more, but so far so good.

A checkout with the relevant changes is here: https://github.com/hardcoded2/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/tree/wave_openxr