[Tutorial] Focus3 OpenXR: Getting Started in Unity

Alex_HTC

On 5/17/2022 at 11:19 PM, Hedvik said:

I tried it out a bit more and it seems like the interaction profile is only available for the Android platform (which is why I didnt find it initially). Are there any plans for supporting the interaction profile of the Focus 3 with the Windows platform? That way, the Focus 3 would be useable for desktop OpenXR applications through VIVE Business Streaming and SteamVR's OpenXR runtime.

I've been able to get tracking and display to work with the Focus 3 in that context, but it is lacking input support since there is no interaction profile for that platform

@Hedvik
Use latest steamvr beta - i believe it adds some support for focus3, it's fairly new so we're still testing that.

on top of that, try using the cosmos openxr profile on pc linked here

13 hours ago, Alex_HTC said:

@Hedvik
Use latest steamvr beta - i believe it adds some support for focus3, it's fairly new so we're still testing that.

on top of that, try using the cosmos openxr profile on pc linked here

Updating to the latest version of the VIVE Wave OpenXR Plugin for Windows seems to have made input work for the Focus 3 when using the Cosmos profile :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:37 AM, tonkso said:

Is this compatible with the MRTK? I have an MRTK project that compiles and runs for Oculus Quest with no issue, but when I deploy to the Vive I get a blank screen and no input. The app does appear to be running as I get ADB output, but the app does not show in the app menu.

@tonkso MRTK3 seems to work fairly well after adding the wave openxr package and changing the main camera out for an xr rig.
I'm still going to kick the tires a bit more, but so far so good.

A checkout with the relevant changes is here: https://github.com/hardcoded2/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/tree/wave_openxr

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have tried following this tutorial so many times with no success. Each time, I come into Unity, only to see the headset display following the scene, but no controllers will show.

Someone on the forum mentioned, you need STEAM VR package from the Unity Asset store. When I try that, I get the controllers to show, but the camera is disconnected from the VR aspect and the controllers are way out in space.

My Vive Focus 3 headset is using version 5.0.999.264, Vive business streaming is using 1.0.9.6 beta. and I have Steam VR running.

Can someone help me understand how to put this all together so that I can develop in Unity and see the controllers and camera working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Bumping this.

Having the same issue as above, tracking and rotation of controllers seem to have an offset when using Action-based XR-controllers. Using the "Tracked Pose Driver" as @tatatatonka_94 mentioned results in correct tracking.

- XR Interaction Toolkit 2.1.1

- XR Plugin Management 4.2.1 
-> OpenXR, Vive Focus3 Support feature group

- OpenXR Plugin 1.3.1 -> Vive Focus3 Profile, Support, etc

- Vive Wave XR OpenXR Plugin - Android 1.0.2

- Unity 2021.2.10f
-> Both Inputsystems are currently activated

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, RancherosDigital said:

I am trying to follow this tutorial, but it seems to be outdated?

Which package am I supposed to add to the Unity project?

https://i.ibb.co/rcfN0KX/2022-09-20-09-59-35-package-manager.png

@RancherosDigital
That is the correct version! 

Was there any other issues with following the tutorial? The links to git repo here should be a great resource if there are other questions as well https://github.com/hardcoded2/HelloVR/tree/openxr 

I am not able to get the installer to do anything on this one computer. As soon as I click the install button, it errors (see attached). I am logged in as an admin user and rt click the installer (run as Administartor).

Machine has Steam and Steam VR already installed

RTX 3060 graphic card with 12gb of video ram

I have gone into Nvidia settings and made sure the graphics card is set as the priority graphics card for all apps.

image.png