Vive wireless adapter disconnects after a few minutes.

nekmin

On 7/24/2023 at 12:24 AM, KasparoVv said:

You're a bloody hero @Tango87!

I do intense VR dancing for long sessions and my wireless kit has been giving me hardcore grief since day 1. Frequent greyscreens & hangs, and full-on blackscreen cut-outs exactly as you described.
I've tried numerous solutions which in the end did eliminate my greyscreen and hanging issues, but I just couldn't crack why the blackscreen cut-outs were happening or how to fix it.

I eventually figured out, like you, it was the USB connection from the kit to the power supply. After VERY VERY LUCKILY finding your solution a couple nights ago, I gave it a shot - wrapping some plumber's tape 5x around each end of the cable and plugging it in.
DIDN'T CUT OUT ONCE during a 4 hour rave session.

Bloody amazing. I can't describe how relieved and happy I am that it's finally working just about flawlessly. I'm not gonna count on it completely solving my problems, but since the tape fix, I just haven't cut out or had any issues whatsoever.

Thank you so so much. I've been trying to sort this crap out for like two years at least lmao.

Cheers!

Can Confirm!

Purchased the wireless adaptor a few months ago and would frequently get a 5-second blue screens in the headset followed by a chance to have the display go dark, lose signal, and crash.

Checked every connection, reinstalled the card to the motherboard, tried various Reddit fixes to no avail, yet this one seems to have resolved the issue.

I applied several layers of cloth tape to about three inches at each end of the USB cable to support the connection, with a little armature wire splint for good measure.

It looks horrendous, but I had no signal interruptions.

Hopefully, by including the searched phrase "vive cosmos wireless bluescreen disconnect" directs at least one other person to this information as being helpful and reasonably current.

• 1 month later...

22nd Dec 2023..................same issue's, I've had these for as long as, to the point where I gave up with VR. Have been following this issue. HTC have done nothing. have tried all the fixes (none from HTC) same issue to the point where I'm going back wired. Have just updated my BIOS today, seems to have reduced the issue, but then again all the solutions do short term.

HTC sort this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! admit you have an issue.

Why are we in a Forum with no HTC support for thier product????

Why is this still an issue after 3 years?????????

Edited by Gromit

On 10/23/2023 at 12:57 PM, GordonFreemansBrother said:

Can Confirm!

Purchased the wireless adaptor a few months ago and would frequently get a 5-second blue screens in the headset followed by a chance to have the display go dark, lose signal, and crash.

Checked every connection, reinstalled the card to the motherboard, tried various Reddit fixes to no avail, yet this one seems to have resolved the issue.

I applied several layers of cloth tape to about three inches at each end of the USB cable to support the connection, with a little armature wire splint for good measure.

It looks horrendous, but I had no signal interruptions.

Hopefully, by including the searched phrase "vive cosmos wireless bluescreen disconnect" directs at least one other person to this information as being helpful and reasonably current.

This seems to be one of the issues, I have got some Gorilla tape (like duct tape but better) and stuck a Magnum sucker stick to the top, don't cover any of the vents. I have put an eraser between the USB plug and sucker stick (just cos it was the right size to fill the gap) I have then taped the USB plug to the stick & eraser. The issue seems to be the plug & wire pulling on the wireless adaptor, maybe the PCB inside, just a crap design. Also I have the fan mod on the top to stop it getting red hot, can't remember where I found the fan mod info tho was over a year ago. Have now been using for a few days and has made a massive difference. I still do get the odd blue/black issue. Steam VR loses all devices temperarily.