Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

Thankyou, originally i was just trusting the steam vr % (at 150%) as it worked great for me with the 3090.

But yeah i noticed that the stated resolution in steam alongside the % seemed very high, so reluctantly i reduced it to what vive console said it should be at extreme.

And now its all starting to make a bit of sense, steam vr looks like it just cant be trusted with its resolution reccomendations.

Thanks for the help, i did read all through this post but maybe i glossed over this or something.

Is there a way to set steam at the exact 2448x2448? Like a ini file or something or is it just using the slider and getting it as close as that will allow?

I am certainly now paying no attention to the % and just keeping 2448 in my mind. 😄

Thanks a lot man 🙂 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted July 27 · Hidden - This content must be approved before it can be edited.

Thankyou, originally i was just trusting the steam vr % (at 150%) as it worked great for me with the 3090.

But yeah i noticed that the stated resolution in steam alongside the % seemed very high, so reluctantly i reduced it to what vive console said it should be at extreme.

And now its all starting to make a bit of sense, steam vr looks like it just cant be trusted with its resolution reccomendations.

Thanks for the help, i did read all through this post but maybe i glossed over this or something.

Is there a way to set steam at the exact 2448x2448? Like a ini file or something or is it just using the slider and getting it as close as that will allow?

I am certainly now paying no attention to the % and just keeping 2448 in my mind. 😄

Thanks a lot man 🙂 👍

• Like 1

It seems fixed for me finally!  I did a complete reinstall of USB drivers and the software.  Been away from vr for a few weeks now.  When it rebooted and I swapped to ultra steam vr no longer has ridiculous resolution recommendations.  Running 100% at 4300x4300 and 100+ fps in NMS now without screen tearing on a 4090.  Thank you guys for the fix.

• 5 months later...

Currently on Vive Console 2.1.32.2 and Nvidia Drivers 546.33 with the VP2 and a 4090 and I am having the same issue as a few people here where there are horizontal screen tears at the top of the screen when moving around _only_ at 120hz. When at 120hz with steamvr RR set to 3600x3600, I have zero frame drops and zero reprojection but the screen tearing persists. I realize that there have been some comments that have said "this is not an issue" so I am working on getting a video as proof. In the meantime, is anyone else still experiencing this?