Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

wrong
many software can create these problems. 

as many have already explained

but it's up to you, find the solution or sell your HTC 🤷‍♂️

on that note, I go back to play 🙃

as i said, it's stupid to install update day 1, and I just installed the new one by error, and of course there is a huge definition bug 🤦‍♂️ I am an idiot 😭😂

Edited by BVV.Fr

2 hours ago, BVV.Fr said:

as i said, it's stupid to install update day 1, and I just installed the new one by error, and of course there is a huge definition bug 🤦‍♂️ I am an idiot 😭😂

Steam doesn't ask, it updates automatically.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe you but frankly, I do not see anything and I am extremely sensitive to any graphical artefacts. I can see all frame drops in FPSVR (it gives you a cumulative number of frame drops). And again, I only have 2 or 3 frame drops during play, believe me (corresponding to pink peaks from time to time).  Spotiflyer

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here for this same issue.  Just getting into VR.  Made a PC with a 4090, and have only been able to run in 90 hz mode, albeit stable @ 5100x5100 resolution on Pavlov.  HL Alyx seems more demanding at that resolution.  Noticed Steam and Vive both said they're working on fixes for 4090 series but I still definitely can't run this headset in 120 hz mode with my 4090 on any resolution.

there is no more drivers issue with 4090, 120hz and VP2.

try to find something else. software, etc.

at first, 5100x5100 is probably too much to have 120fps in palvov 🤷‍♂️

For testing, try native, 2448x2448  at 120hz, if it works well, you will have your answer 🤞

• 2 weeks later...

I have an asus 4090 oc and vive pro 2.

Everything worked great when i had a 3090 before but mostly runs terribly now with the 4090.

I started scouring this Post a few months back when i first tried vr on this new setup (fresh win 10 install).

All i could get was maybe 60fps, almost 100% gpu usage, many dropped frames and reprojection ratio at 70% give or take along with screen tearing at the top and weird stuttering.

Then suddenly it worked one time just great as expected, now a few months later i've tried again and the same thing, it seems that just occasionally it works without issue, but 90% of the time its awful even in the steam home

Tried it on the ultra setting in Vive at 90hz and it seemed a lot better, I then opted into the beta for Vive and steam vr, i've put it back to extreme now and it worked again all green in fpsvr.

Then i turned the graphics from low to high in eleven table tennis and it went back to red in fpsvr and fps was back in the 50's. Same if i turn on Antialiasing in Walking dead Saint & Sinners.

Now i know i used to play eleven in high settings and Walking dead with everything maxed out with the fps around 120 and i know this certainly should not be a problem for the 4090, but turning up any settings in games seems to plummet the fps and makes the card struggle and the experience terrible.

A lot of this is things that have already been said i can see, but the problem still seems to exist in various ways.

Is there something i've missed here, is this 'solved' or still a problem for people?

Doesn't seem to be much activity on here anymore.

Many Thanks 🙂 and sorry for the long post, future ones will be shorter. 👍