flashing grey screen

Aidarpro

Today I started getting the issue when playing roomscale stuff that worked before. I had not changed anything at that point.

Found something else thats quite strange... If I cover specific bumps on the headset with my fingers the greyout goes away until I take my fingers of. I also slightly rotated the lighthouses to see if the position or direction of the grey area changes. It does not. Soon I will be able to test it in a different flat 1 or 2 days max. If the issue persists there I will go to my retailer where I bought the vive.

I am sadened by all these problems, because when it works its such a great experience

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a problem with the gray screens in the HTC Vive. But now I realized that the point of operation at temperatures over 32 degrees Celsius. We and the helmet was changed to the other, and wires have changed , and computers... Even moved the system to another location. But as we have a heat wave at 28 degrees, all working again fine. But the manual is not specified comfortable temperature. We lost so much time to find out the cause of the grey screen in the helmet when tilting the head slightly down.

wrote:

Additionally I had some wobbling issues today that triggered motion sickness for me. The first day everything was rocksolid, tracking worked flawlessly and I had no grey spots or directions.

I have also noticed some minor wobbling, for example at the start of "Inception", but I attributed it to having moved my base station from a sturdy wall to a computer rack and then to a book shelf.

I had no wobbling at the beginning before the gray-outs started.

I don't have a thermometer. But i can say it's hot, i think about in 30-35 C. If it important, i can make excactly mesure, by buying a thermometer.

wrote:

What temperature do you have in the room when you receive a gray screen?

For me it was around 30-35 celsius as well. I actually bought a mobile air conditioning unit because it was so hot. It did not make any difference in regards to greyscreens.

Could power strips cause problems? I have to large power strips with surge protection next to each other in the direction the grey out happens. Most of my hardware is plugged in to to those two.

EDIT: I am alreadyusing the Steam VR beta branch did not makea difference