Choppy Preformance with Wirless Adapter

DLSauron

This is a super interesting post on reddit. The user has 2 identical machines. One works with wireless, and the other doesn't. HTC should either indicate that they have exhaused all troubleshooting and are confident there products works as expected, or they should be reaching out to people with experiences like this to figure out what the issue is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/akxiw8/vive_wireless_lagg_on_one_setup_but_not_the_other/

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that. It is interesting.

My PC specs are identical except for mobo which is very close as well.

My experience for about a month was like his machine with no trouble and then suddenly, problems.

I haven't tried a wired connection as I really don't want to use the system that way but maybe I'll have to see if that helps eliminate other causes.

ok so heres the thing i have both vive and vive pro headsets

same machine used for testing

asus x99-a motherboard

i7 5820k cpu (not OC'd)

RTX 2080 Graphics

32 gb ram

All pci-e slots set in BIOS to use full speed. Not auto.

vive pro has issues with low res and choppy

vive standard no issue whats so ever...even at 200% SS

as a side note the pro works ok sometimes but does have an occasional glitch of low res and choppy.

also i stream vr games on mixer and twitch and as soon as i open OBS with the vive pro its unplayable....not so with the vive standard. Flawless.

Make from that what you will im over it. i want my pro to work as intended or the adapter will be going back. HTC need to admit there is an issue now and make sure they look after the people that keep them afloat with these expensive purchases.

Same problem here, got the adapter 2 days ago for the VIVE.

ASUS PRIME B250-PLUS

I5-7400

GTX 1080

8 Go DDR4

Use to worked great while wired, huges lag and poor graphics using Wireless Adapter. I tried various PCIe slots, same everytime. Also tried the BIOS Uptade, and forcing PCIe slots in Gen3.

If changing the motherboard is the answer, i'm not ready to put another 300€ in it!

Came here hoping for a solution but only see other VR fans having the same issue :( Bought mine a week ago and fail to get it to run properly due to my CPU hitting 100% immediatly after starting steam home or any other VR application. I was running 150%-200% supersampling wired easily but can't even manage 80% on wireless. Even standing still is causing frame drops. 

Asus Maximus VIII Hero (tried all 3 x PCIe 3.0 slots)

I5 6500

GTX 1080 TI

16Gb DDR4

Samsung 950 Pro NVME

I have all latest drivers, BIOS, updates, the works. I installed my PC from scratch this weekend but to no avail. I need to know if this can be fixed in the software since I read people with i7's also having this issue. If not I need to know in time for the return policy. 

If you are not ready to replace the motherboard and processor, return the wireless adapter and continue to use the wires.

I have achieved good wireless performance on my configuration:

CPU i7-7820X

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING

Samsung SSD M2 970 Pro 512Gb

RAM 32Gb Quad Channel

MSI 1080Ti

HTC Vive

Windows10 64bit

This material may be useful.