Choppy Preformance with Wirless Adapter

DLSauron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beshkenadze i m from Lithuania.

I checked some more and what we are playing now is mostly ARIZONA online, so i changed graphic parameters only to 34% to have perfect frame rate without any re-projections !!! But even with this parameters i won't come back to wire and play on 200%. In game Forest or Fallout very bad frame rate, and FPS in this game only 30-45. So with this wireless adapter you can see that no even 50% load on CPU and its not problem in CPU or GPU, more powerful will not help, u cant reach better quality. Its sadness what we have for today not ready product for big price. And even with all of this disadvantages i will not come back to wire :D

Hello, after waiting for the technical service to respond again, I see the thread with system requirements to which they fixed the problem of pixels and image jumps, I am disappointed, that the company does not say the necessary requirements for it to work correctly or do not find a correct solution.
Thanks for the information, gentlemen and for what I see, I improve my CPU. this is not going to work well ever.

Motherboard GA-Z170X-UD5
Video card GEFORCE-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G MSI
Ram 16 Gb
Intel Core i5 6600 3.50 Ghz

Windows 10 64 bits

Greetings and thanks

It's my turn to be angry. Finally i've got my Wireless Adapter and it's completely unusable. First time when i tried to turn it on it was horrible. A picture in my headset was very pixelated and unstable. I spend some time here to find a solution and tried a different slot, sofware update. After all i have a playable picture, when my cpu is not heavy loaded. But even then it looks like another layer of screen door effect. It's very obvious when you look at black parts of a picture.

Tomorrow i played an hour with my wireless adapter. It was not bad. My cpu load was low, i had minimum pixelization. But today i see my red eyes in a mirror. It never happened before.

Now a understand that every time when i have low fps my picture turns to pixels. Even with 90 fps i see the artifacts (Like on the picture).

I think Htc Vireless Adapter has completely wrong system requirements and a huge amount of problems with hardware and software.

And there is no guarantee that situation can be solved...

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.30GHz

16 Gb ram

GTX 1070

This is likely to be buried, but here is what happened to me and what I did to fix it.

I've only had wireless for a couple of weeks.  I would sometimes get the low resolution thing, but it wasn't consistent.  I use GPU-Z to monitor all my video card readings and noticed that my card wasn't maxing out.  In fact it was sometimes sitting around 50% total power.  That would make you think that you've got plenty of power to push VR right?  

Well, in my case I found that GPU-Z was reporting my limit was VREL (Voltage Reliability).  In a nutshell that means that the VRM's (voltage regulator modules) on the GPU can't push voltage any higher, thus limiting performance.  There are only a few things that we can do to help things.  You can manually increase fan speeds (which is easy) or you can pull your card apart and replace the TIM (thermal interface material) that connects your VRM to your cooler.  VRM temperature isn't directly reported to GPU-Z.  So if you are having a VRM issue and you increase fan speed and your performance improves, that's a very good indicator that you've got a VRM overtemp issue.  

I ended up replacing the stock cooler with an aftermarket cooler and adding heat sinks to the VRM's.  My wireless is now flawless.

TIM type will vary per GPU, but it can be bought for around $10.  You may need a couple different thicknesses based on your GPU.  

System Specs:

I5-4670k, GTX 980 4GB, 8GB system RAM, Gigabyte Z87M-D3H mobo

Ok so, looks like I am not the only one with this weird problem!!

Adapter worked just fine for a while with no hiccups, then all of a sudden I started getting micro stutter lag, I have tried moving the card into all of my pcie slots with luck, all pcie is set to 3.0 aswell.

gpu: GTX 1080

cpu: i7 9700k

board: Aorus z390 ELITE

Changing super sampling has NO effect, and my CPU is not even at 100% when the lag happens.

What happened? Is it nvidia drivers? Is it a steamvr update?

I am this close to selling my wireless adapter on ebay, this is a joke for the price that I paid for this.