Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

At the end of the play (2 minutes)... Fixed resolution: around 3000x3000 per eye (Steam VR), Ultra 90FPS (console).

Only 2 framedrops at the end (0.1% reprojection), maybe due to the interruptions to take the screenshots (I have to pause the game and enter the FPSVR menu).

By the way, I reinstalled iCue, MSI Mystic Light and Cooler Master Masterplus.

20221029135449_1.jpg

Edited by Aragorn 76

However, I have some reprojection problems with other games.

Even with a demo like "The Blu", the demo is stuck at 60 FPS with a lot of reprojection. The same with "Space Pirate Trainer" (micro-stuttering, especially the hands). 1 or 2 framedrops however.

Why these games are stuck at 60 FPS ? In the console, I chose Ultra/90 FPS.

That is extremely strange ! I had no time to test other games but I am pretty sure it is the same.

Apparently, many old VR games have a major reprojection issue. Here are the results for Arizona Sunshine (and I did not maxed out the graphic options, 3000x3000,90Hz).

I also have a lot of reprojection in SteamVR Home (!!) in Extreme Mode (120Hz).

20221029192142_1.jpg

Edited by Aragorn 76

Running the vive console in Extreme (as I want 120 hz). SteamVR at about 60% res, giving about 3x3k per eye. Getting massive framedrops and reprojection in SteamVR Home (80% reprojection). Tried Beatsabre, and got 95% reprojection. This is with the latest nvidia drivers 526.47 on a 4090 asus Strix.

However, setting vive console to the lowest quality, and SteamVR to 20%, the framdrops and reprojection disapeared. But looked like crap 😞 

Same for me @ 120Hz. Some graphics for Steam VR Home and Beat Saber (3k x 3k per eye). But frankly, visually, I find this 120Hz mode useless in VR...

Concerning Beat Saber, it is like the game does not care about Steam VR resolution (1164x1164 ??). I will check that...

20221030224841_1.jpg

20221030225216_1.jpg

Edited by Aragorn 76
  • Thanks 1

Ok guys, I have to apologize ! The resolution inside BeatSaber was completely wrong ! So forget all my graphics for this game. 

For a reason I ignore, the per-app resolution is not set to 100% for this game. Therefore, despite my global setting at 3k x 3k per eye, the in-game resolution was much lower !

If I force the per-app resolution to 100%, I get a lot of reprojection like all of you and FPS VR indicates 45 FPS instead of 90 FPS. 

However, I checked my settings for more recent games and everything is fine for them: "Moss II" (I played with it for 3 hours today) and "The Room VR" for instance, two very demanding games when graphics are maxed out.

Edited by Aragorn 76
  • Like 1