Vive wireless adapter disconnects after a few minutes.

nekmin

Galatoni, same issue here with the exception that it always comes back for me so in your case, I'd be screaming bloody murder LOL.  Pretty sure it's not a computer hardware related issue (with our rigs as we have shown it happens on completely different chipsets) and I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 and same issue.  Now my gut is thinking it's the wireless hardware itself ... I got mine on preorder, how about you?

I am using the index controllers but this was happening prior to that.  I also have 1080's in SLI but a regular Vive (leading me to believe again it's nothing with the headset itself as you are using a Pro) ... anyone else using SLI?  I have tried turning it off with no help ... now I wonder if I should remove one card and try it.

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing pretty much the same thing you are MB Geek. I play for a small number of minutes and I get a grey screen and then it disconnects and I can hear all the devices disconnecting and reconnecting. The screen comes back up and it seems like there are no problems after that, but it seems to always happen.  Did you solve this issue MB Geek?

I have:

CPU: 8600k

GPU: 1070Ti  

RAM: 16gigs 3200mhz

Chronuss I am still having the problem. I do NOT overclock anything .  Also happens with the stock battery and the larger one I have identically.  The problem is consistent enough that it makes me believe it is some hardware combination issue but I have yet to find a common denominator.  Just to repeat in case any of the devs are listening or care (LOL), I have changed motherboard and CPU AND reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the issues still occurs just as before.  I'm am thinking that it is a lighthouse issue (I have a Vive which was on release date so they would be the first revision) but could be the headset also.  I'm not in the position to buy the upgraded lighthouses and don't even know if I could, but is it still really annoying to this day

20 minutes ago, MB Geek said:

Chronuss I am still having the problem. I do NOT overclock anything .  Also happens with the stock battery and the larger one I have identically.  The problem is consistent enough that it makes me believe it is some hardware combination issue but I have yet to find a common denominator.  Just to repeat in case any of the devs are listening or care (LOL), I have changed motherboard and CPU AND reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the issues still occurs just as before.  I'm am thinking that it is a lighthouse issue (I have a Vive which was on release date so they would be the first revision) but could be the headset also.  I'm not in the position to buy the upgraded lighthouses and don't even know if I could, but is it still really annoying to this day

Well I guess you should contact Vive Support and ask them for some help.  You will probably need to download some logfiles (they will tell you how to do this) so they can trace the problem(s).  Good luck.

We have. They're stubbornly refusing to interact with us. I still have the problem with the equipment to this date.

As others have here, I've changed almost everything about my setup. I've never been able to track down the problem so again, as others have come to the same conclusion, it's likely the wireless hardware itself. This would explain why the Vive Devs have been quiet.

I think more than that. I think it is why HTC and Valve parted ways because Valve new it wasn't ready. The wireless doesn't work. They are selling a pipe dream. Mine comes back on but with no mic. Mic won't reset until I reboot or install an update that appears when ever this garbage disconnects. A restart makes the update request go away. crap crap crap........

22 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Well I guess you should contact Vive Support and ask them for some help.  You will probably need to download some logfiles (they will tell you how to do this) so they can trace the problem(s).  Good luck.

And I heard smoking is bad for you as well ...

You think I (we) haven't tried that? LOL  Gimme a break here

Anyone have a Vive Pro, or a 20 series Nvidia card have the same issue?  Since I would find it hard to believe it's EVERYONE that has the wireless (I would expect a greater uproar) and just in this small group it been determined that it's not motherboard/CPU dependent , I'm just trying to find a common denominator.