Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

Nice. On 13.3. I wrote post on czech big shop under product HTC VIVE PRO 2 to not buy it - problems 4090 etc.

And second day 14.3. HTC Czech support reply that there is Update dated 14.3.- so to try it.

I am reading it now and goind to test it.

What is wird - that noone from HTC support did not say anything HERE in this discussion where all of us are waiting on it. OMG.

So I have tested Audioshield insane speed, Beatsaber all speeds, Half-life Alyx on ultra graphic. And everyting super. No problem. In console maximum resolution and 120.

In steam VR I tried to change resolution from 20% to whatever and no difference. Next time I will make screens. It is possible to change it on two places - I tried both and nothing happen. 11000x11000 and still same like the total basic. I think Vive console is going on their own resolution and does not care what is set up in SteamVR.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2023 at 4:53 PM, C.T. said:

Can 40-series people try this beta and share your feedback? be sure to update the nv driver. thanks 

Extreme 120hz, Vive pro 2 + 4090

Smooth (according to GPU performance graph in headset-Developer/SteamVR Settings, All Green)

Half life Alyx, Beat Saber, RacketNx, SpacePirateVR, Lone Echo 2/Revive

I ll test more..

What I did
Clean install last Nvidia drivers 531.79
Uninstall with Revo uninstaller Vive Console
and install last beta version 2.0.24.2
Using these settings and resolution in all the tested games

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-05-04 225104.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

so, I want to add some news from my tests.

Unfortunately in my case the RTX4090 doesn't work together with my VIVE 2 Pro 2 without problems. I brougt now the second RTX4090 graphic card. The first was the ASUS Strix 4090 OC, the second was the ASUS RTX4090 TUF OC. Both of this produce unter the current driver (2.0.23.2 and the news beta) picture errors. The image has a torn area at the top of the screen in the VR device. Just a streak. The rest is ok. I tested it with two different PCs. The first is a Ryzen 5950X running Crosshair VIII Hero. The second ist an Intel system (I5 8400 with Z390).
I tried everything for two weeks. Win 10, Win 11. Removed extra screens, USB devices. No success. Now I have sent the second graphics card back. With my current graphics card ASUS StriX RTX3090 everything works fine. It's slower, but it works. Maybe someone of you can understand my problem and present a solution.

It is in Vive VR Home, in several games. 

Thanks for any help.

Michael

One more additional Comment.

If I start VR with the Aus RTX3090 with the beta driver (Version 2.24.0.2 Beta), I have the same torn area at the top of the screen in the VR device, like with the RTX4090, when I move my head around.

With the normal driver, there ist no torn area there, like with the beta driver.

Ah I forget to say, it's only in 120Hz extreme mode.

Michael

I can also confirm the tearing is back. Unfortunately, seems like this is the last HTC product I bought - how can an issue of such caliber be unfixed for so long. To make matters worse, it was working for a while and broke again. 

8 minutes ago, BVV.Fr said:

if it used to work and now it doesn't, you probably installed or upgraded something.

rule number 1: when it works, I don't touch anything else! 🙂

The only two things which affect this are Nvidia drivers and Vive Console. Both of them should be possible to update without problems.