Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

Just got my order in the UK!

Was hoping I might be lucky but nope, same issue for me.

Adding my setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

ASUS Prime B350-PLUS

The headset actually paired fine, my PC just hard locked ~30 seconds after the firmware update completed. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For you other Threadripper folks, thanks to this thread on reddit I was able to get my wireless adapter working flawlessly.  I just had to set it to Gaming Mode in Ryzen Master.  If you havent been following my other posts on here, to get the crashing to stop I had to do a few things in my bios to get the wigig card recognized.  The gaming mode fixed the performance issues I was having though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9mkla2/vive_wireless_pro_on_an_amd_system/

Having issues using vive wireless on vive pro. Wireless starts up fine and can get the headset to pair but when playing for a few minutes my p.c locks up and I get a blue screen of death, Error message watch dog code. I did some things to help like updating my firmware on my evo 850 ssd and have the latest updates for windows 10 and nvdia drivers. Here are my specs:

Ryzen 1700 o.c to 4.0

16 megs of ram

Asrock x370 sli/ac motherboard )updated to lates bios)

zotac gtx 1080

Any help in the matter would be great if not Ill probably just get my money back and stick with the cords..:(

I get a crash when trying to launch VR on the wireless adapter too.  Either the mouse lags until everything freezes up and I have to hard reboot, or it goes BSOD and displays "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".

System:

CPU:  Ryzen 1800x

Motherboard:  Gigabyte AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K7

16 Megs of ram xD

Kidding aside yeah you fall into the ryzen pool. If your motherboard 1x slots support PCIe 3.0 via bios tune it seems like a legitimate workaround/temp fix until its fixed. Check your bios settings. It varies from motherboard to motherboard. My Gigabyte x470 1x slots are capped at 2.0 :[ 

Users have reported success by changing to 3.0 and disabling something called super i/o or something like that.

wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone that submitted the info I requested earlier.  I wanted to send a quick note that all configurations are being examined by our engineering team and partners.  As soon as I have an update I will post here.

Thank you,

JohnG

I've been having a similar issue with my setup with the wireless setup I got today. I'm running:

` Asrock X399M Taichi (this is different from the normal X399 in that it has no PCI x4 port, just 3x x16 ports)

* Threadripper 2950x

* 64 GB (16GBx4) GSkill DDR4-3200 (CAS15)

* Two NVMe drives: A samsung 970 Pro 1TB, and a 2TB 970 Evo

* Silverstone 800W SFX PSU

* nVidia 2080 RTX (Founder's Edition)

I've tried placing the wGig card in socket 1 and sockets 2 and 3 (with the GPU in either 1 or 2, depending) and in every configuration, no matter weather I've forced PCIe Gen 3 speeds and/or 4x4x4x4x socket splits in my BIOS, I can't manage to make my system detect the wiGig card at all. Unlike some reporters with larger mobo's, I don't have a downclocked unstable x1/x4 socket; I just straight up can't get the card to be recognized in any of the x16 sockets that it aughta work fine in. I've seen a poster on reddit with pretty much the exact same issue with the slightly larger model of this motherboard (that does have the smaller pcie socket), except he can also repro the unstable system using the smaller socket (in addition to not being recognized in the larger sockets).

Would be great to know when this gets fixed, since I doubt I'm going to be watching this thread like a hawk.

wrote:

wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone that submitted the info I requested earlier.  I wanted to send a quick note that all configurations are being examined by our engineering team and partners.  As soon as I have an update I will post here.

Thank you,

JohnG

(snip)

I've tried placing the wGig card in socket 1 and sockets 2 and 3 (with the GPU in either 1 or 2, depending) and in every configuration, no matter weather I've forced PCIe Gen 3 speeds and/or 4x4x4x4x socket splits in my BIOS, I can't manage to make my system detect the wiGig card at all. Unlike some reporters with larger mobo's, I don't have a downclocked unstable x1/x4 socket; I just straight up can't get the card to be recognized in any of the x16 sockets that it aughta work fine in. I've seen a poster
with pretty much the exact same issue with the slightly larger model of this motherboard (that does have the smaller pcie socket), except he can also repro the unstable system using the smaller socket (in addition to not being recognized in the larger sockets).

Would be great to know when this gets fixed, since I doubt I'm going to be watching this thread like a hawk.

I don't know if this helps but I managed to get mine to work in the 4x Gen 3.0 slot on my board (full slot).  It would *not* work in the 8x slot which shares bandwidth with the 16x slot where my vid card is located - it would not be recognized in this slot.  Take a look at which slots are sharing bandwidth, maybe that will help?

I never tried it in a 1x slot.  When it recognized and worked in the 4x, slot, I didn't tempt fate and try further configurations.

Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5

Ryzen 7 1700

Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 8GB D5X

BTW, that GA-AX370 Gaming 5 is relatively cheap now and it seems solid - if anyone is looking for a quick solution (that costs a little bit).

> Take a look at which slots are sharing bandwidth, maybe that will help?

AFAIK, All the PCIE slots on the x399m taichi are capable of running at full x16 bandwidth (so there's no limited socket to try; though I tried all of them anyway). TR4 socket CPUs have a _ton_ of lanes available directly off the CPU, IIRC, it's > 50 after accounting for the lanes reserved by the x399 chipset.

Archived