Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

Hey epsilon and glue, I’m curious. Did you guys set up steamvr, do the room calibration and set up lighthouses etc before the wireless app was ever installed? I’m wondering if all that should be done normally and if it’s not that maybe it’s causing a driver conflict? I still can’t get it to not BSOD on my system

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that I was premature in celebration, it became more reliable but I would on occasion still get BSOD where as before I would get a variety of game crashes a different types of bsod now I get just a watch dog bsod and mostly with certain games over others, beat saber plays without a problem, gun heart last about 30 minutes. Based on what I have seen I am not sure software is going to fix these less than a firmware update if anything, it would appear we are congesting the pci bus so much so that timeouts are occurring. I imagine Intel has maybe better pcie bus handling... this of course is speculative.

Im just shocked that this made it through QA.

Its been a week it would be nice to get an update as well.

Some of us are going to start having issues returning the item, actually come to think of it think Gamestop only offers 7 days in which case I'd have to take it up with HTC at this point.

Had really hoped this was going to be an easy fix and we wouldnt see 2 weekends back to back with a non-functioning $300 accessory.

I have a Ryzen no issue getting it up and running.. but the framerates are really bad..

Vive Pro 

System info

NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System MB X399 AORUS Gaming 7
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F11e, 9/17/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Total Physical Memory 128 GB
Total Virtual Memory 147 GB

wrote:

Mine seems to be working now.  It was crashing every 10-30 min. I moved the wigig card to another slot and it got way worse, then I moved it again and I haven't had a crash since. 

Ryzen 7 1800x

AsRock AB350 PRO4

What slot did you move it to? 8x, 4x, etc.?

My adapter will be here today.  I'll post back when it is up and running (before sunday).