Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

It appears I have the same mobo as you (Asus STRIX X470-F), only I have a 1700X. I'm just curious, which PCI slot do you have your videocard in, and which slot did you put the wireless adapter in? I'd like to try the same setup as you when my wireless adapater arrives to minimize any issues.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on 1600X with Asrock X370 mobo (VIVE Pro + Wireless Adapter) GPU is Nvidia 1080. 

I am able to use my wireless for few hours without seeing BSOD or freeze. (BeatSaber and the lab) 

I have my wigigcard installed in 1X slot. 

I am not using any OC tool like Ryzen Master so I would assume I am on creator mode. It is strange gaming mode works for some bros but graysame has problem as he got BSOD when he swapped to gaming mode. 

I have my GTX 1060 in the PCIEX16_1 slot(full length slot closest to CPU socket) and the wigig card is sitting in PCIEX1_3 slot(short slot furthest from CPU socket).. zero issues on my end.

Note : I'm running everything on stock settings except for my ram.. system is set to balanced power mode.. I didn't do anything special to get it running .. worked right out of box.. good luck!

Hello.
I also have a Ryzen 1600x with a ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F  mobo
I can play anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 min before total computer lockup. slot doesnt seem to make any differance. 

Is there any update or timeframe to this issue you can tell us to when it may be fixed? 

Thank you 
~Mac

Same problem here on a perfectly working system until the wireless adapter etc was installed :(
System:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Asus Prime B350M-A

BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation

Windows 10 Pro x64 1803

If its any consolation I was able to go for over 45 minutes (when I used to go maybe 2) by installing the latest AMD Chipset drivers 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

Of course I updated my video drivers, my SSD Firmware, my BIOS to the latest, and also confirmed the microsoft SATA AHCI Controller driver - none of those did anything except for the AMD Drivers!  Hope this helps someone get a bit more out of their setup!

Same issue here: The system freeze after a short time (1 - 5 minutes) after the headset has been connected. Then it crashes to BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation.

System configuration:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI X370 GAMING PRO (MS-7A33) with BIOS version 4.C0
2x16 GB DDR4-2400 / PC4-19200 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 17134.345 (1803/RS4)

Same as most here. Everything seems fine until steam is running and wireless is paired. Funny thing is that everything seemed fine untill I launched steam. Crashed on the Steam login screen. Most of the time I hear the windows device change notice before it blue screens. It's painful to try and troubleshoot, I'm going to wait until they have a fix. I was sad I had to wait so long for my adapter... Hope they solve this soon

AMD didn’t want to pay for the licensing for XMP memory profile support, this requires some alternative way to overclock the ram in the bios, if you are using ryzen and you ram is overclocked and you are seeing the BSOD check the timing settings for you ram, my bios had most the values correct except a few, for sometime this has not been a problem until the wireless adapter that is. I pulled the memory xmp settings from the bios tool memory SPD and enter each value that was different manually, I have not had a crash since. Unlike AMD, Intel uses XMP profiles automatically, if you are a lucky AMD user your mother board may have a better timing detection or your ram may be a more standard  settings. Otherwise you are here waiting for a solution that may not come.

I recommend carefully entering your rams XMP timing values into the bios if your motherboard supports it and see if that helps you as it did me.

Archived