Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone that submitted the info I requested earlier.  I wanted to send a quick note that all configurations are being examined by our engineering team and partners.  As soon as I have an update I will post here.

Thank you,

JohnG

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue with my setup. Config is:

Threadripper 1950x

Asus Prime x399-A Motherboard

32 GB RAM

Running an m.2 SSD in slot 1

Wondering if running an m.2 SSD drive is a commonality among people experienceing this issue? Having the boot drive running on the PCIe bus instead of the SATA bus drives a lot more data down those lanes. Who else here is running m.2 SSD's?

My PC spec:
R5 2600x
MSI B350M PRO-VD PLUS, with latest BIOS
8G*2 Kingston

Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Micron SSD BX300 120G
WIndows 10 Pro

Problem I have: mine mobo just don't ID the wigig at all, can't even get to a BSOD situation.... Have tried limited PCIE settings in bios with no luck. There's 2 PCIE 1x on mobo but one of them blocked by 1080 vid card, and I'm using 2600x which has no graphic ability, and I don't have a spare and thin video card to test with. Telling people to try another slot isn't an option at all in my situation, especially we all learn about these potentail problems after ordered the product.

Does everyone else have the same error in the Event Viewer after a crash?

Fault bucket 0x133_DPC_iwigig!AcquireTxLock, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 14bcf606-e7da-4eb5-a61c-f78f0c60fbfc

Problem signature:
P1: 133
P2: 0
P3: 501
P4: 500
P5: fffff8017865c378
P6: 10_0_17134
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

Well, I got mine up and running.  I used the link provided by Jeremy_SC2 (5th page) as a guide.  I don't see the specific PCI settings in my BIOS but I did put it in an x4, Gen 3 slot.

The main thing I notice is the slight fuzz that is really noticeable when in the blank/bland loading area between games or environments.  I hope that is just a setting - the monitor mount was maybe 5-6 feet away.

Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5

Gigabyte GTX1080

Ryzen 7 1700

Note: if you have similar, watch out for anything beyond the NVidia 388.13 drivers.  I tried the 416.16 and almost fried my video card (the cooling fans do not work with that driver for some reason).